Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just bought a Harris Mercury windscreen. I love the look, I think it really matches the bike.

Question...Do those rubber gromit pieces stay underneath the fairing...OR...does the top of the rubber come out of the hole in the fairing?

I ask b/c the screen is not flush, there is a tiny gap where the rubber meets the inside of the fairing. The holes didn't line up exact, just enough for the screws to go in. I tightened the screws too tight and b/c it was on a slight angle the head of the screw snapped off...reason for the two ugly metal screws. Stupid me, I forgot how the other screen fit and if there was a gap as well. Here are some pics, can anyone help?

·
WATCHOUT...I'll be back
447 Posts
I am just guessing, but are those rubber things upside down. I may be wrong. I will look at my bike tomorrow.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, they're not upside down. If I inverted them then it wouldn't fit. I'm not sure how the screens are fitted on your generation R6 so it might be different.

Does anyone else have this gap?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the tip...unfortunately I learned that the hard way. I have those two metal screws b/c I broke the heads of two of em from tightening them. I thought that if I tightened them up more that the gap would get smaller but nope, nothing but two broken heads and some gaps...lol!

I just wanna know if I installed em wrong or if anyone else has this same little gap.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ya I guess that's the risk you take for going outside the norm. I mean I'm happy with the screen in terms of the look and so far the quality.
The gaps don't really bother me, they aren't makin any whistling noises on the highway or anything but I was just wondering if I installed it rubber gromits properly and if anyone else has these minor gaps. If I ever buy another one it'll definatley be a Puig or Zero Gravity but so far no complaints with the Harris.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Don't mean to sound ignorant but...

What do you mean by seated? The rubber gromits went through the inside of the screen and then the flat head part sits around the top/outside of the screen. B/c the screen doesn't line up 100%, some of the screws are on a very slight angle. Thats why insome of the pics it looks like that flat rubber piece (that meets/touches the inside of the fairing) looks like it doesn't line up quite right.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts