Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately, this site has been cluttered with stores about low-sides, hit and runs, dropped bikes, f-ed up insurance claims, and collisions. Really negative stuff! I wanna hear about some plastics that don't know what it's like to make love with the pavement...

My old 2000 (that i just sold :() was in absolute perfect condition with 9K miles when i bought it. i added an extra 4500 blemish-free miles and finally sold it to a sure-handed rider that seems very capable of carrying on the tradition.

:cheers

(i've already made a deal with the bike gods and they've agreed not to put any sort of curse on this thread)

·
wat?
722 Posts
If you didn't ride like a pussy (or actually even rode it, 4500?! come on!) then maybe your bike would end up blemished too ;)

I'd rather see an R6 like my friend's 2002 with something like 65,000 miles and rashed plastics from a few crashes over the years.... than some minty fresh garage queen that only saw mileage to and from the local Starbucks.

·
Its Only a 600?
319 Posts
well i put my down doing a u-turn at like 2 mph, no damage but a hurt ego:mad: Like they say, there's people that have fallen and people that are going to fall. I just hope if it happens, people are wearing their gear and not doing stupid stuff.

·
In Search Of...
91 Posts
Ironic, i was gonna start a thread on who HASN'T dropped a bike... yet. LOL.

Fortunately for me, I had my spill my first year of riding back in '03, had an '02 R6 that hit a car who was making a blind left turn... totalled her, but I was OK fortunately.

Since then, I dropped my '03 R1 once (slipped on oil while planting my foot), never dropped my '04 R1, and never dropped my '08 R6 (knock on wood).

·
Registered
81 Posts
Nothing is guaranteed on 2 wheels

·
Premium Member
11,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you didn't ride like a pussy (or actually even rode it, 4500?! come on!) then maybe your bike would end up blemished too ;)

I'd rather see an R6 like my friend's 2002 with something like 65,000 miles and rashed plastics from a few crashes over the years.... than some minty fresh garage queen that only saw mileage to and from the local Starbucks.
easy bro. counting last season, i've been riding a total of about 4 months. i just wanted to hear some "good" stories since all the threads are about sh!tty things happening out there. for a noob, i think i ride it pretty damn hard and a lot more often than most ppl. :popcorn:

·
R6.. Who can beat 'em?
40 Posts

+ f'n 1

·
Just Burnin Time
2,220 Posts
i wrecked my 03 cbr 600rr and have a hole different outlook and a lot more seat time on the sexy6. When (note when) i let this one down , i better be making a fast ass lap at the track! Not doing a stupid ass wheelie or crossing an intersection.

·
wat?
722 Posts
easy bro. counting last season, i've been riding a total of about 4 months. i just wanted to hear some "good" stories since all the threads are about sh!tty things happening out there. for a noob, i think i ride it pretty damn hard and a lot more often than most ppl. :popcorn:
All good, I'm just ****ing with you ;) 4500 miles in 4 months is good mileage for a new rider especially and good that you were pacing yourself.

Just don't want people to think that crashing or dropping their bikes is the end of the world or something to be embarassed about; as long as people don't make up stupid excuses (tires, invisible gravel, etc) and use it as a learning experience, then it's nothing to be ashamed of. And the reverse of that is not ever crashing isn't something to necessarily be proud of on it's own since anyone can not crash... you just leave the bike in the garage ;)

But why did you sell your bike?

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
67k on the gixxer never only thing to touch pavement was the tires and kickstand

i have almost 11k on my r6 4000 of which are mine previous owner tipped it over but caught it in time to only leave a little scratch on the side (sliders on now though) anyone know of a way to remove them ???

·
Premium Member
11,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
All good, I'm just ****ing with you ;) 4500 miles in 4 months is good mileage for a new rider especially and good that you were pacing yourself.

Just don't want people to think that crashing or dropping their bikes is the end of the world or something to be embarassed about; as long as people don't make up stupid excuses (tires, invisible gravel, etc) and use it as a learning experience, then it's nothing to be ashamed of. And the reverse of that is not ever crashing isn't something to necessarily be proud of on it's own since anyone can not crash... you just leave the bike in the garage ;)

But why did you sell your bike?
no way, i understand that this sh!t is inevitable and that there's only ways to minimize risk, not eliminate it. just seeing who has been lucky enough to stay on 2 wheels. i wasn't trying to brag, just starting a "feel good" thread i guess.

i sold it bc i threw up a test ad on craigslist and got an amazing response. sold it within 24 hours for more than i purchased it and now i can get the '08 i wanted so bad. after u account for the small amount of mods i made (including frame sliders ;)) i still came out ahead. instead of dumping a bunch of cash into an old bike, i decided i'll just put it into an '08 and keep it stock for a while.

·
Registered
81 Posts
no way, i understand that this sh!t is inevitable and that there's only ways to minimize risk, not eliminate it. just seeing who has been lucky enough to stay on 2 wheels. i wasn't trying to brag, just starting a "feel good" thread i guess.

i sold it bc i threw up a test ad on craigslist and got an amazing response. sold it within 24 hours for more than i purchased it and now i can get the '08 i wanted so bad. after u account for the small amount of mods i made (including frame sliders ;)) i still came out ahead. instead of dumping a bunch of cash into an old bike, i decided i'll just put it into an '08 and keep it stock for a while.
becareful when you start a "FEEL GOOD" thread because feeling goood only builds up egos and large egos, two wheels, no protection, and a street full of cars is dangerous. they should make everyone experience a fall in MSF courses so kids dont go out there thinking they're superman and trying to fly through every corner only to find themselves flying off their bikes like superman.

·
Premium Member
11,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
honestly, if some moron wants to ride wheelies through intersections without gear, i think he'd do it whether or not there were "feel good" threads on this forum. it's simply in his retarded nature :popcorn:

·
My R6 has returned!!
1,930 Posts
Back to the spirit of the thread - I had a 1990 FZR 600, I think that bike was the most stable machine in the world at an angle. Sometimes I felt like the bike didn't want to be upright, it just felt so much better leaning. I put 46k on that bike without ever dropping it - I don't think I could have dropped it if I tried and it was far from the highly tuned teched out machine that the R6 is, the brakes sucked - they faded fast, power delivery was less than smooth, forks needed maintenance every few months or they'd get splooshy and it was downright sick how stable it was at 250km/h and over, that was a machine I could push to the edge and still ride it home at the end of the day.
That said - I've owned 7 bikes total, 2 state-side, 1 in the UK and 4 here in Bulgaria, and my 1990 FZR is the only one I'd NEVER dropped.
Hope her new owner is keeping up the tradition!

·
Registered
408 Posts
Well I got a flat Tire at about 80mph and didn't wreck thank god, i did go down on my GSX-R back in the day but luckily haven't on my R6 knock on wood. I probably shouldn't post this because I was just saying the other day how I haven't gotten a flat on any of my vehicles and I travel the interstate everyday and then what happens I get a flat on the worst one my bike what the hell.. oh well

·
Moderatore Eccellente!
8,634 Posts
This thread sucks. Nobody likes this gay ass feel good crap. Everyone likes it better when the guy dies at the end of the movie, not when he lives happily ever after. Who wrote this $hit. The pu$$y that started this thread needs a vacation.

I'm closing this thread!

:laugh

Who am I?

1 - 20 of 67 Posts