Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Its Only a 600?
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I did a search to make sure this wasn't a repost. I have a GYTR slip on on my 07 right now. I also have my PCIII sitting in front of me, and my Performance Fabrication Works Mid Pipe should be here this week. My question is what are the pro's and cons of having this mid pipe? I'm almost tempted to just sell it, but at the same time i've heard some good stuff with installing a mid pipe. My biggest concern is loosing low end due to the removal of the exup. What do you guys think, BTW here's my mid pipe i purchased.

http://performancefabricationworks.com/midpipe/

·
Its Only a 600?
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bump

·
Registered
144 Posts
I took the exup off my bike withen the first week of owning it. It doesn't do shit for low end torque. Im almost convinced its for noise reduction.
did you put a computer on it to.if not you really wont see a differance i hear.you will see a big differance with a pc.it will run ruff without the pc.

·
Just Burnin Time
2,219 Posts
You will def lose some bottom end but you will pick some up with the weight loss..

Pros:
Lightweight (kind of)
cheap
better sound

Cons:
Clamped on
Voids Warranty (not sure if you have one or not)
half ass
black (if you paint it) there is nothing like some sexy SS or Titanium pipes behind and under those fairings
Bad Welds
No bends, just cuts and welds

Basically, if you really dont see spending the extra 300 on a full system install it, if not the full system is without a doubt worth every penny, ask ANYONE who has one, they are never not satisfied.

·
Texas... need I say more?
349 Posts
How much was your full system on your bike and where did you get it?

·
Premium Member
18,783 Posts
You won't loose lowend by removing your EXUP. I don't have my EXUP hooked up. With that said, I have a full exhaust on my bike.

·
Just Burnin Time
2,219 Posts
^ its completly different with a full system.

I got mine for 999 shipped... i know on parts411 its just over 1k

·
Premium Member
18,783 Posts
How is it different? The concept is to remove the cat. That means you will disconnect the EXUP. You won't lose anything. If anything you will gain. And don't hook up the O2 sensor. It will just be riding along for free anyways.

·
Just Burnin Time
2,219 Posts
right, but we were talking about the exup with a stock exhaust system, not putting the mid pipe on. If you do that, then yes, it is almost like a full system.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts