Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any way to protect the tail piece during low side? I have militant barrier bars and swing-arm spools. I will be buying bar end sliders as well as wood craft engine covers soon. I have lowsided once. Everything was fine except the tail piece touched ground and got messed up. After i replaced the tail my bike was tipped over and once again everything was fine except for the tail section. Is there any slides or special cages for the tail for R6s? I don't really need a 12 o'clock bar because i don't wheely. I know the best way is not to lowside but i want to make sure if I do and when I do, my bike will be prepared

·
track junkie
2,257 Posts
your only real protection is a good insurance policy. that's the only thing that did me any good when i had my lowside...

s3aturnr

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
new tail is around 270. my insurance deductible is 300 plus my points would go up. so i would be screwed either way

·
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr
867 Posts
Yeah i lowsided my bike a while ago and my tail took a lot of damge, theres really nothing you can do to protect it in the case of a crash. Thank god for frame siders

·
track junkie
2,257 Posts
new tail is around 270. my insurance deductible is 300 plus my points would go up. so i would be screwed either way
likely, you'll have more than just the tail section damaged and hopefully you won't be doing it so often that your insurance gets crazy-expensive. my costs didn't change at all and my crash was 3 days into the policy...

s3aturnr

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
you mean a subframe cage:

works well in a slow speed lowside with bar-end sliders
yeah i looked at these today but they don't seem to stick out enough to actually save the bike in a lowside. They mostly look like they are for stunts because you car readjust the passenger peg position and not for crashing.

·
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr
867 Posts
That makes me want a stunt bike :)

·
Life is best beyond 10k
6,928 Posts
Do like some squids do: use your helmet on the passenger peg! Instant tail slider!

·
Premium Member
30,458 Posts
you could always have custom mounting "pegs" fabricated to attach frame slider pucks to your passenger peg mounting locations. prolly not hard at all.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
learn to repair and paint yourself.

give the man a fish, or teach the man to fish.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
you could always have custom mounting "pegs" fabricated to attach frame slider pucks to your passenger peg mounting locations. prolly not hard at all.
yeah, till you lowside and it snaps off your peg holder...if youre lucky. If not, it flips your bike airborne or even better, snaps off the whole tail as the subframe isnt the strongest....:laugh

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
could always just NOT WRECK.
Says CRASH Bandicoot.....:laugh But yeah, not crashing sucks way less than crashing...:laugh:fact

1 - 20 of 25 Posts