Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
track junkie
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I need a new set of leathers and my small stature makes it tough to find a suit that fits good. my current suit is AGV's smallest and I had to spend a few more bucks to get it modified smaller. so this time I'm going with custom.
of course theres Vanson and Z leathers and even AGV which I love all make custom suits but this protogear place will do it for half the price!!!!!!! about 400 bucks!!!!!!!!!!!
but. you get what you pay for.
anybody on here ever buy or know anyone who bought from them. I ain't trying to test ride their leathers on my ass down the track just to find out they're sh!t, ya know.
seem to be all the same features as the big names. thanks for any info.

·
Premium Member
6,439 Posts
Hey, you're in Tulsa! Nice.

Check out SpartanLeathers.com. The owner was extremely prompt with all of my emails and questions, seem to have a GREAT review on every product. And for a custom suit, IMO, you can't beat the price.

·
track junkie
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
link now inserted.
I should post this question with speedtribe in OKC too, but I don't go there as much as I do TSR.
I'll check them out too.
I just found out these guys arn't in NY. there out of Asia = chinese made leathers. IDK may not be a good Idea.
when you go down at at the track you go down fast and hard. no place to be testing equipment, ya know.

·
Registered
360 Posts
i just sold my 2 piece i got from http://www.tiltcustoms.com
i loved the suit but i needed the extra money and my buddy was the same sizes as me. 450 bucks for either a 1 or 2 piece custom suit isnt bad at all... the seams were awesome, and the leather seemed top notch for being asia made

Edit:forgot to add that i heard of and 1st saw a tilt suit from here http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114547

·
Mario J's Apple Juice
8,180 Posts
Asia?

Don't want the threading to come out and you to ride naked as you're riding now do you? :lmao

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Been wacthing that for awhile and thinking of giving it a try but looking for a guinea pig lol

Just saw they had like 54 exchanges on ebay, idk. If theyve been around for a few years sellin those maybe but if not and they just came out of no where idt id go with them. To the op I'd go with what you know and get the suit you want and then get it altered. Thats what I will probably do.

·
track junkie
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think I'll send a message the the 3 buyers that bought from them. should have had time by now to really know if they're legit. see what kind of feedback they give to me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts