Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking to get some Proton Flushmounts for my '08, does anybody know if there are any out yet? and if so where can I get a good deal on them?

·
GONE RIDING ONCE AGAIN
398 Posts
not sure if they are out yet i got mine from motormummy and they are great....

·
Deep Thinker
927 Posts
Yup... The site used to say 06-07, but I emailed them to see if they fit an 08 and then they changed it to say 06-08, so I ordered some in March. Still on back order...

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I got my protons on motomummy for my 07. They are bright as hell and I love them.

·
Rootabaker da R6 King
234 Posts
What is yalls opnion on hotbodies flushmounts versus the protons?
Hotbodies everything sucks get the Protons I love em :toocool:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just purchased my `08 Cadmium yellow flamed R6 Tuesday!! "i'm all grins" anyhow, i want to do a few aesthetic mods, first i was thinking of some flushmount turns, looks like you guys prefer protons; but i really want the absolute best!! I really dont want to have to cut wires or solder anything, rather purchas a flushmount with a connecter for my bike. will i have to cut or splice any wires w/ protons?

TIA, Dwane

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
I just put the McCoy's flushmounts on that I got from www.tobefast.com :)secret They say hotbodies on them)
To anyone installing flushmounts, I highly recommend cutting the connector off your old signals and splicing that onto your new ones. That way, you can still just unplug them if/when you need to remove your plastics and is a much cleaner way of doing it.

Only thing I don't like about my flushmounts, is that they are virtually impossible to see from the front. I've heard the protons are better at this, but they didn't fit my needs, so I didn't get them

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
You're right. I don't have them. But I wasn't making it up. Straight from the HighTechSpeed site "Proton flushmounts install with no cutting..."

I guess I just assumed they were telling the truth. My bad.

" Proton flushmounts install with no cutting and are made for each application, so you can be sure the fit is perfect."

"No cutting required to install - custom fit for your bike"

meaning you dont have to cut your fairings. you do have to splice wires

·
Riding his own ride...
4,723 Posts
yes they are on backorder, but if you can wait the protons are the best signals i've seen to date. Hotbodies are good and get the job done, but protons won't "fast flash" and are just works of art imo...just wish they would hurry up and get the distributor more of them.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts