Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my matte grey R6 today! $9945 for the bike--the total came to $11093 with taxes, doc fees, set up, and registration included. I think I did pretty good. :)

I've been riding since I was 6 years old (I'm 25 now), and I've been street legal since I was 19. My first bike was an '82 Honda CB900F Super Sport with CBR F2 upgrades. I rode for about a year and a half and then went on a hiatus for a few years. Got a '95 ZX7R for a month or two, but it needed too much work. Right afterwards, I got my '10 Hyosung GT250R (in the pics below), and after 8 months I'm growing tired of it. Now the Hyosung GT250R will be my wife's first bike!

My first impressions of the R6 are great! Very planted, and very powerful. Beautiful bike, too. Oddly enough, the seating position is less stretched out than the Hyosung! The clutch engages way out at the end, so that's gonna take a little getting used to. So far I'm revving too much when shifting....makes me look like a noob sometimes. lol

Anyways, any other AZ riders here? I live in Scottsdale, AZ (McDowell & 101). Here's some pics of my new bike!

·
Sherman Connoisseur
26,411 Posts
:wave

·
Dangerously Irish
9,506 Posts
:wave

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey man I live in AZ, I have an R1 right now, but looking to trade it for an R6. Going to look at one in Snowflake this weekend. Hopefully I get it!

Nice bike!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey man I live in AZ, I have an R1 right now, but looking to trade it for an R6. Going to look at one in Snowflake this weekend. Hopefully I get it!

Nice bike!
Cool! I was thinking about doing a ride up to Payson, but I don't know anybody with a 600cc bike around here... I have a good friend who rides, but he has a CBR 250R and refuses to ride with me now that I have an R6. LOL

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.