Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone post up a pic of a DOUBLE BUBBLE screen from Puig for an '03-'05. I've seen pics on some web sites but they don't look like they got much of a bubble on em. Thanks.

·
Riding his own ride...
4,723 Posts
http://www.motomummy.com/store/home.php?cat=305

It's not the 03-05 but it's a wide variety of puig windscreens and you can see they all have a double bubble in them. Every single one. It's not so drastic it makes the bike look stupid and puig designed it that way. they make a difference in airflow when you're tucked in, but still look good and flow with the bike. as you can tell they don't have one curve, but start out at one angle then go upwards even more. There are two curves in the screen...the 03-05 r6 is designed the same way.

·
I'm To Sexy For My Raven
2,709 Posts
Here are a few shots of the screen on an 06.

Also, MotoMummy has the best pricing around on them. There price for the screen shipped is cheaper then all the other guys price on just the screen alone, including anyone on ebay...

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For some reason, the ones that I see for the '03-'05 don't look like theres much of a second bubble. The pics that have been displayed here show more of a higher second bubble then the ones that i've seen on various websites. Is this just the Puig design. I've seen factory Yamaha make a race screen and also a double bubble so I just assumed that Puigs would be the same.

·
Ride It Like It's Stolen!
1,171 Posts
Here's pics of my double bubble puig on my 07 R6s...not an 03-05..but from what i've learned on this forum its pretty much the same thing. Hope it's the angles you're looking for.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the pics dude. I'm not sure if Puig makes a race screen and also a double bubble b/c I swear the one I saw didn't have as much of a second bubble. I've tried going to the Puig web site but for some reason I can never access it, its messed up or somethin. Thanks again for the pics.

·
I miss Cali rides :/
1,040 Posts
i have the dark smoke, well had..tabs broke from lowside at track, but, the dark smoke doesnt look like it has the second bubble. has more of a rounded shape to it. here is a pic of mine...

it does have the second bubble, just not as pronounced.

·
I miss Cali rides :/
1,040 Posts
Yamahauler said:
Here are a few shots of the screen on an 06.

Also, MotoMummy has the best pricing around on them. There price for the screen shipped is cheaper then all the other guys price on just the screen alone, including anyone on ebay...

that is exactly how mine looks from the rear. was gonna take pics for you, but battery is dead in cam...sorry :sing

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yo Egon, where did you get your windscreen from? AS far as I know the R6S is exactly the same as the 03. Your windscreen is exactly what I'm looking for. The one that I was lookin at didn't have that much of a bubble in the middle.

·
Ride It Like It's Stolen!
1,171 Posts
J Roll6 said:
Yo Egon, where did you get your windscreen from? AS far as I know the R6S is exactly the same as the 03. Your windscreen is exactly what I'm looking for. The one that I was lookin at didn't have that much of a bubble in the middle.
i ordered it from cycle gear..light smoke. Huge difference on the freeway. (Compared to stock)

·
Registered
378 Posts
I put mine on and there is hardly any difference at all.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Do you ride highway a lot? Most people I talk to say it does make a difference, at least on the highway.

·
Wait'll the cast's off!!!
298 Posts
I ordered my Puig through MotoMummy a couple days back, DB in Dark Smoke for my 2004 R6.
Pics up as soon as I receive the screen.
First transaction with MotoMummy, but I am thus far very impressed, and I think Cory (name?) will be getting my business from here on out, esp. for Pazzo's.....

only "thing" is that, according to USPS, they received the electronic shipping info for my order like 2 days back but still no update on whether or not its actually been picked up by them for shipping......

(I know I'm impatient right?? Want it NOW! lol....)

:stupic

oh btw i just read that "Mummy" thread, guess it's where everything started huh? lol great read!!! I have to admit I'm guilty of ignorant shit like that!! ; )

btw anyone care to explain to me what "Alice" is on all the Ducatis in MotoGP?
i.e. what kind of a sponser are they? oil? gas? what kind of company?

sorry bout thread jack

-michael

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Make sure you post the pics ASAP. I'm now leaning towards a Harris screen as it comes in a Mercury colour. Almost like a black Chrome ish colour but still wanna see what yours looks like, thanks.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I cruise alot at about 75 or 80 and it has not made alot of difference for me...looks real good though!!

·
298 Posts
Make sure you post the pics ASAP. I'm now leaning towards a Harris screen as it comes in a Mercury colour. Almost like a black Chrome ish colour but still wanna see what yours looks like, thanks.
According to USPS, screen arrived here in town this morning. Should be delivered this afternoon methinks?
Soon as I get it unwrapped I'll have pics up.

Link a pic of that Harris in the Mercury color?

·
298 Posts
Screen received. Give me another 3-4 hours to post pics b/c I got shit to do.
so far, looks good.

thanks corey and MotoMummy for my 1st transaction! more to come!

·
298 Posts
Here it is.
Puig "Race"/Double Bubble Dark Smoke on a 2004 Yamaha R6.
Overall, very sharp-looking...It appears pretty darn close to stock in terms of length (past front fairing), but of course the DB is there.
I like the screen very much, and esp. how its dark enough from front that you can't see through it, but in full tuck the rider can still see out decently.
My only problems were with swapping the rubber grommets from OEM screen to this one.....what a BITCH to do, my thumbs are killing me...
but enough about that.
(Please read my thread about issue w sticky-goo on this screen in Gen. Discus.)

'

·
Registered
378 Posts
Looks badass bro! Whole different look!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts