Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Banned
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was riding on south street with 5 buddies and 3 cops on bikes (pedal bikes) stopped us. they checked all of our papers and we were good and they said they pulled us (me) over for having an improperly displayed license plate. wtf? u can easily see my plate from behind. in any event no ticket.
sorry for the crappy quality..pics taken with my lg envy lol

·
Registered
316 Posts
dude, you are asking for flames. Obviously it doesn't abide by any regulations. Where is the lighting?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Looks fine to me...sorry to hear about that brother! They probably had nothing better to do than to harrass bikers...

Actually, they were probably trying to show off by stopping you guys on their bicycles...

·
Banned
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dude, you are asking for flames. Obviously it doesn't abide by any regulations. Where is the lighting?
that is true tho...no lighting.

i think they just needed an excuse for checking our papers...casue they gave us no ticket

·
im michael jordan ballin
749 Posts
i gotta admit if i was in a car following you or on a bike theres no shot I'd be able to read that, but that might also be because im not 20/20. Mines probably just as bad as yours either way its all good lucky for the no ticket I've gotten 2 of them already in jerz

·
I whore my R6
1,874 Posts
just got the 280 dollar ticket in md, but dude, thats not visible, your asking for it

·
Intermediate Knee Dragger
1,309 Posts
There are lots of reasons manufacturers do things the way they do, one of them is for legal reasons. The rear fenders are where they are for a reason, and it's not just to keep mud and water off of the riders. There are regulations stipulating all sorts of things about license plate placement, including height, lighting, and something like "must be readable from 100 feet behind" or something of the sort. Yours is most definitely not readable from far enough behind. If you really don't want to get stopped for it, you'll have to put it back where it's supposed to be.

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
Looks suspect bro, I'd make it more visible if I were you.

·
Premium Member
1,668 Posts
Sorry, but you had it coming. Not properly lit. Not visible. Spend a little money for a fender eliminator kit. Also get a F'n kick stand!!!!

·
Love to RIDE!
238 Posts
You have to be able to read it 50 ft. back. Sorry!

·
I eat YOUR MOM
2,111 Posts
i got puled over on 309 for the same thing....... i didn't get a ticket either, but i did need to bring the bike to there station withen 15 days to show them that the plate has been moved to the proper location, where it is more visable.
heres where mine was....... its now moved up to the holes right under my signals, just below the exhaust tip.

·
Banned
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i like the way it looks where it is so i will just keep it there. i have a fender elim kit. here is a better pic from about 20 ft away...its clearly visable.

here is the bike with the fender elim kit i had/have

side view

·
I'm To Sexy For My Raven
2,709 Posts
Yup, real visible!:dunce:

·
I'm To Sexy For My Raven
2,709 Posts
why didn't you PM me? I would have rode.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts