Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
http://store.puma.com/pumaUSStore/product.asp?catalog_name=PumaUS&category_name=MensMotorsportFootwear&product_id=30160901&productType=Footwear&mainCategory=Men&shopBy=style&siteid=1

what do you guys think about these shoes? you think they're better protection than say your average skater shoes?.. i hate wearing my SMX plus boots all the time..
When you go down you will wish you had your boots on.. When i went down the bike landed directly on my ankle, boots saved it for sure. :fact

·
In Search Of...
91 Posts
You wear those, you may as well be wearing some kung fu shoes. You'll get NO protection in those Pumas... if you like Pumas so much, at least go with the boots:

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have those shoes I like them ...if you fall they dont offer that much protection. I wear boot at the track thats about it

·
Registered
30 Posts
We sell a TON of Puma's and the feedback I've gotten has always been positive. I recently got my very own set of 1000's and am quite pleased. With that said, I would have to say that the upper end of Alpinestars line is a bit better protection wise.

·
wat?
722 Posts
Your first hint should be the description:
"Whether you're on scooter or on foot, the Testastretta is all about moto lifestyle."

Are you riding a scooter? Ok then.

That said I wear skate shoes, dress shoes, regular Pumas, etc all the time around town too because I agree, it's a pain strapping on the SMX+ all the time. But I also don't pretend that they'll be offering me any protection ;)

I know Sidi makes a pair of pseudo-shoes with over the ankle protection; might want to look into those (I've seen people wear them in person and they don't look overly fugly or obtrusive with jeans)

·
In Search Of...
91 Posts
To each his own, but my personal opinion is that once you start wearing anything below an actual motorcycle boot (a*, Sidi, etc...), your level of protection goes down big time... you don't have near the protection you'd have in a boot, and your ankles are completely exposed.

My preference is to wear my Sidi Vertigos anytime I ride... I feel naked without them. I understand people don't always like wearing boots, yeah they're uncomfortable when you're walking around... but I choose to go through that in order to have peace of mind.

If you're just looking for something more comfortable to wear, but still offers some protection, maybe try the Sidi Streetburners? They're the same price as the Vertigos...

IMO, if you get those Pumas, the level of protection would probably be on par with a pair of Jordans...

·
Registered
21 Posts
I want to buy some boots, I got some Icon Field Armor boots for xmas, but there so damn big its fricken impossible to shift.. is it the same way with other boots?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hrmm.. for the owners of the puma's are there any negatives to the shoes?

those sidi's look really nice

·
USC
552 Posts
not as much protection as the sidis. but def look way better.

Dainese Bogatas

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
one night...I was coming home from work and as I came around the corner there was a dude laying onthe ground holding his foot, and a bike on its side about 10ft away. I was the first on the scene obviously, so I stop in front of him, hit my hazards, and get out

His GF is laying in the grass crying, she had a little strawberry on her leg...but I got to him and his whole foot was blood...shoe still on.

Upon closer look, the foot peg wnt through his tennis shoe, through the top of his foot, and left a nice little HOLE in there.

Since he lived in my apt complex (where he was turning into) I saw him in a cast for quite awhile and he said he went through 2 surgeries.

Boots....FTW

1 - 16 of 16 Posts