Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys/girls, on tuesday i will be purchasing a used '03 r6. my question is, this will be the first time i have purchased something used of this much value. my problem is, im not really sure what all i need to have covered as far as retitling the bike goes. he still owes a little bit of money on the bike, so his bank currently has the title. i was hoping some of you guys could help me out, so everything can go smooth and i dont miss or overlook something. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
first off, get all your bases covered. check insurance rates, first time i bought a bike, insurance was twice the bike payment (long time ago) if he still owes money, he has to pay that off before you can get the title, otherwise you can keep the bike and make him pay it all off without giving him a dime! i think thats illeagal though! :mrgreen: and make sure you can get your license (maybe that should be first) take a riding class too. none of that is in the right order though (im dislexic)

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
I would check insurance before I do anything. I would go to the bank with him and you pay the loan off so the bank gives you the title.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey thanks guys, luckily i have covered what you said, i took an msf class, then got my license. i have also already looked into insruance costs and qoutes. so i guess ill go to the bank and we'll just take care of everything there. thanks for the help, i just dont want to get taken advantage of or scammed. thanks!

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
also, dont let him offer to pay you back the balance if you pay off his loan. unless he's a good friend of yours, hell screw you.

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
Manoah said:
also, dont let him offer to pay you back the balance if you pay off his loan. unless he's a good friend of yours, hell screw you.
^Good advice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts