Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every time I take my fairing off I end up breaking a few of them. Does the forum have a better solution for these or a place where I can buy them in bulk?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well the biggest thing I suspect is that they aren't OEM ones. You can't get them off any way other than prying the head of them most of the time.

·
Premium Member
30,458 Posts
you have to push the middle DOWN... THEN pull the whole thing out.

you can buy that type of fastener from tons of places - including home depot/lowes. try fastenal first though. enen though i hate that company.

·
#KeepPounding
1,735 Posts
Rob (Bluerebel) on here was selling them a while back, send him a PM he may still have a box lying around

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
you have to push the middle DOWN... THEN pull the whole thing out.

you can buy that type of fastener from tons of places - including home depot/lowes. try fastenal first though. enen though i hate that company.
+1 on fastenal hate.

·
pin it to win it
8,080 Posts

·
Premium Member
30,458 Posts
they're pretentious douchebags. i tried using them to source my stainless sbk hardware and they were ZERO help. "well, i see the part, but i'll have to find you a price." never heard back... guess they thought i was just some "one off" kinda guy. oh well... i'll take my 4 digit orders elsewhere. eff em.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
they're pretentious douchebags. i tried using them to source my stainless sbk hardware and they were ZERO help. "well, i see the part, but i'll have to find you a price." never heard back... guess they thought i was just some "one off" kinda guy. oh well... i'll take my 4 digit orders elsewhere. eff em.
:werd Amd their storefront isnt any better. Try going there for a couple fasteners and its like they are doing you a favor.... Probably worse to deal with than the dealer. :laugh

·
pin it to win it
8,080 Posts
:werd Amd their storefront isnt any better. Try going there for a couple fasteners and its like they are doing you a favor.... Probably worse to deal with than the dealer. :laugh
:werd I tried to order some stuff from them once and they made it way more complicated than it needed to be. looks like that's the case with most orders.

I've ordered a good bit from them. Real fast shipping

1 - 11 of 11 Posts