Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
4,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
no not the list of ones that have lost their virginity. im already on that list dammit. but the list of people that have went down while riding.

well, this is the story, i was riding to work like ive done many times before. i come up to my second to last turn before pulling in to the parking lot. i see what i beleive to be a small pile of dirt, so i think ill just go a little further past the usual turnin spot and miss the dirt. well hit the brakes a little harder to compensate for the sharper turn soon to be made. then i bob your uncle and bam, i hit the ground. FUCKING GRAVEL !!!!!!!!!!! so the bike hits the ground and i do one of my infamous (to my friends and me) slick willy rolls and endup on my feet. so there i am standing next to my bike extremely pissed and lucky that i wasnt hurt, and my helmets visor is hangin on by one side. so i pick up the bike and hop on and try to start it. **** ME IT WONT START. **** FUCKITY **** **** ****. so i turn the key off and back on and vroom it fires right up,, THANK GOD IT RUNS. so i ride the 200 yards to work and get off to find out what is messed up. so the folowing picks are of the damage. BUT I WILL SAY THIS, MY NO CUT SLIDERS DID THEIR FUCKING JOB AND DID NO DAMAGE TO THE FRAME. but the damage to me was few small scrapes on the right side of my right knee, a nice 1 inch round slice of skin outta my right palm, and a strawberry on my right shoulder. so there you have it. my story and hopefully my last. oh ya i was wearing the helmet but not my jacket, yes i know dumass you should always wear you jacket, so beleive me i will always wear that and some gloves to go with my helmet.

so know on to the pics:

·
Banned
4,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh ya i almost forgot :cuss AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
that feels so much better :mrgreen:

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
glad to hear you're alright man. gravel's a bitch like that. bike can be fixed alot easier than you can. atleast it gives you an excuse to get your bike repainted!

·
Registered
790 Posts
Yeah man... that shit sucks.... the rashed fairings..... grinding sound you dread.... I get these little dreams at night now... You know the ones you get right before you fall asleep, and then you jump awake and are like "oh shit, I'm falling!" .... yea, I get that, but on the BIKE now... fucked up... I know :roll:

So are you claiming it on insurance or not?

·
Banned
4,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no insurance claim cause i dont have full coverage. wish i did but oh well , nothing i can do about it now. but i forgot the one other thing that kinda pissed me off the most was that no one even stopped and asked if i was OK. and i know atleast 4 people saw me down. dam cagers :cuss

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
damn you got the phat red 04 r6 too , that really sucks

your bike is staring to look like mine with the scratches

i think i got more

this might help you cope with the injury of a loved one, a fellow R6er who has experenced the pain and agony, heres just some

cheer up :cheers

·
looking for more curves
1,887 Posts
Your bike is now personalized! - sorry, bad joke... :lmao

Feel better that you didn't drop yours while you were washing in the in driveway like I did!

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
dude! that sux...but, at least you weren't hurt, that is the main thing.
I have a few of those same scratches on mine...but I didn't take any pics of them! LOL

Sorry, bud, but there is nothing like mother natures pinstriping...oh wait, that is the Jeep that looks better with those!

I remember right after I went down, I felt like such a dumbass...then looking back, it is going to happen, just be thankful noone was hurt, and the bike still goes VRROOOOM! :)

My favorite quote:
Experience is that thing you get right after you needed it.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Shit, I'm sorry to hear that or see those pictures.

The first time I went down was on an old Honda 125 (or 150, I can't remember). It was during the MSF course. Right before the final exam, I was on the lead bike, so the instructor tells me to bring the bike around a corner of the lot and line up by the cones. So I take off blazing toward the corner. I've been leaning off these old standards with no tread on the tire all day, but I haven't had a single problem, so I figure I'm doing alright. The only problem today was that the corner I was headed toward had a shitload of gravel all over it. So I hit the corner leaned over like it's a crotch rocket, and BAM, the bike lowsides and slides a good six feet and I come a following. All this in front of the rest of the class. I look like a complete ass, and the bike I was on was scratched to hell.

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
scrolling all the way to the right to read sucks!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts