Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fully winterized my bike a couple of weeks ago but I'm itching to ride one more time:flex:
How bad would it be if I rode for few hours then put it back. For storage with the same fresh oil and fuel stabilizer. :sing
I'm sure the fuel is not a big deal but what about the oil??
Would I have to change the oil again??

Whatcha guys think??

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
I would say no the il isnt that big of a problem, esp if youre only putting a few miles on it. I put mine away last week and brought it back out this week cause it was so nice!

·
Registered
159 Posts
in all of my years of riding- and all the bikes ive owned and have been issued- none have been 'winterized'. as long as a battery tender is used and the bike is at least in a garage- oil/fuel will not break down within a few months.

both of my bikes are ready to ride, all the time.

·
I'd Flip it :popcorn:
16,745 Posts
Yeah I ave to still change my oil, and replace my Woodcraft Stator slider. Plan on doing it in the next few weeks. Check my sig for how she sits now :(

·
Jesus Reigns
4,398 Posts
Haha, this is why I don't "put my bike away". You don't know when a random nice day will come along. It was 77 here today, so needless to say I took the bike to work. been having gorgeous weather the past 3-4 days now:YEA

·
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr
867 Posts
I had the same problem, i had the day off and was going crazy to ride...so i did and it was great! Had to stop and wipe the ice off the inside of my visor a few times but it was worth it!

·
Registered
875 Posts
I always want to ride more when I tell myself I'm going to put the bike away for the winter.

·
Dangerously Irish
9,550 Posts
thinking of breaking mine out for Saturday going to be 58 up here.

·
Back from the Sand box!
584 Posts
I love the south... :sing

·
Jesus Reigns
4,398 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
I ride all thru winter...if its about about 40 degrees i will ride. Just get ya some good gloves, jacket, and that neck warmer and your all set. Im not saying its not cold, but its not unbearable

·
Registered
790 Posts
Ive been riding in the 40s lately with my normal riding gear. Its not too bad. If it were in the 30s id need another layer, but id still ride. I doubt Ill ever see myself ride below 32 though, just for safety sake.

·
Registered
501 Posts
yeah i have been riding my bike in the mornings to work and it is been high 30's low 40's I can't help it though I am just addicted! as for the oil I don't think it will break down too much from just a ride or 2.

·
Hakuna Matata, btches!
1,493 Posts
i would like to ride my bike aswell

1 - 20 of 22 Posts