Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time on the track and I ran 32f/34r cold on q3+’s. I’m about 220lbs in full gear. It was about 97 degrees ambient. I’m wondering if the tires were getting too hot or if these look normal for track wear. Rubber was balling up in chunks especially on the front. Any recommendations for what to run next time and what to run these on the street or anything else you can tell by the pics?

Attachments

·
UR B-hind Da 8 Ball
5,887 Posts
That balling looks more like rubber picked up on the cool down lap.
Personally I run 31f/30r for aggressive street riding. I have only run DOT tires on track (which the NTEC Dunlops have an entirely different pressure setting) But a novice group pace those pressures (around 30-32) should be about right

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn’t even think of that, the exit from the track was covered in rubble that’s probably what it is. Thanks

·
UR B-hind Da 8 Ball
5,887 Posts
damn i run my q3+ higher... im at 36/36 hmmm
What kind of riding you doing? Freeway mostly? that’s fine. The OP’s question regards track riding.

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
I dont understand why people state their "cold" pressures... you dont ride the tire cold. Not sure why your rear is higher than the front... should be the opposite.
Ive run as high as 38 in the front. Rear I might go 34ish. All pace dependent. Also my bike had stock suspension. Disregard the whole "read your tires like tea leaves" bullshit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Per the chart at one of my local tracks, Dunlop Q3s should be set to 30F/28R cold and be 35F/34R hot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts