Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the forum so go easy on me if this isn't the right place to ask this. I am converting a stunted out 2008 YZF R6R back to OEM appearance. I traded one of my dirty bikes for this rig and I'm using all the money from selling the stunt parts to bring it back to a OEM like condition. However, in the process of selling the cage I not knowing the importance, handed over the bolts and the aluminum sleeves that are needed to go back in the frame to mount the engine. I need to buy these parts and am being told by the Yamaha shop that the bolts and sleeves and rubber grommets are going to be over 100$. I believe I still have the rubber grommets, but I was wondering what the heck I need to look for to find this stuff used. Can anyone help me out on this?

Thanks!

·
pin it to win it
8,080 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a ton brotha for that info. Do I need 4, 5 and 6 for both sides because the schematic only shows one side of the upper engine mount getting the boss engine mount fittings. I'm going to go did around E-Bay and see what I can come up with for those part number. Most people are just selling a box of bolts and you have no idea what's in there.

·
Formerly UnknownResource
490 Posts
Best bet is going to be searching through part out threads, and asking if they have them. I thought lost one about a month ago, and found a guy who was going to sell me all his for less than buying one from the dealer. I searched eBay up and down, and never founf any.

sent while on the move

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I tried E-bay and just get a bunch of random bolts and junk I don't need. I'm going to try a box of bolts from some dude on E-bay because I'm sure I will need others and ask him if the engine bolts are in there. I could still use a quantity of how many of each of those I need. I did a google on them and came up with a few places that knocked a bunch off the price of a dealer, but still more then I would want to pay for 2 bolts and some spacers.

·
Slick Nick
474 Posts
Thanks a ton brotha for that info. Do I need 4, 5 and 6 for both sides because the schematic only shows one side of the upper engine mount getting the boss engine mount fittings. I'm going to go did around E-Bay and see what I can come up with for those part number. Most people are just selling a box of bolts and you have no idea what's in there.
You only need the spacers for one side, as shown in the diagram.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts