Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I put my flush mount signals on my bike, but i got them all wired up and the left side blinks twice as fast as the right side. Anyone know what I did wrong? Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Peter

·
looking for more curves
1,883 Posts
Most likely you have L.E.D. ones, and you are having the same problem that most people have when doing this mod.

Since L.E.D.'s have very little internal resistance compared to a regular light bulb your flasher relay is going nuts (fast flashing) because there is nothing to stop it from doing so (the other bulb). You need to place a resistor inline of the + wires going to the L.E.D. signals (one on each side).

Let's see if Yoda tells you when he used, if not PM him. Or search for his post on this topic.

·
IQ = Post Count
1,734 Posts
Flushmount IV's do not come with LEDs, they are incandescent (unless you converted them). They also come in two "main" styles, dual or single filament. So, if you have the dual filament, you probably have one wired wrong. Also, have you messed with the taillights at all?

Tell us exactly which ones you bought (small, md, large, dual, single, etc.) and where.

·
Bacon is extra!
494 Posts
drhodes said:
Most likely you have L.E.D. ones, and you are having the same problem that most people have when doing this mod.

Since L.E.D.'s have very little internal resistance compared to a regular light bulb your flasher relay is going nuts (fast flashing) because there is nothing to stop it from doing so (the other bulb). You need to place a resistor inline of the + wires going to the L.E.D. signals (one on each side).

Let's see if Yoda tells you when he used, if not PM him. Or search for his post on this topic.
I got some info from BlackWRX02 that worked out real well, instead of wiring in a resistor, just replace your flasher relay with a heavy duty flasher from any parts store. The part number is EL12. It mounts right under your seat so you don't have to remove any plastics. It takes about 20 seconds to install and you can replace all your signals with LEDs without cutting and splicing any wires.

Good luck!!!

·
looking for more curves
1,883 Posts
krom said:
drhodes said:

I got some info from BlackWRX02 that worked out real well, instead of wiring in a resistor, just replace your flasher relay with a heavy duty flasher from any parts store. The part number is EL12. It mounts right under your seat so you don't have to remove any plastics. It takes about 20 seconds to install and you can replace all your signals with LEDs without cutting and splicing any wires.

Good luck!!!
This is better the a kobb-job :mrgreen:
-This should be a simple plug and play right?

·
Bacon is extra!
494 Posts
Stupid loki, logic is for jerks.

If one is blinking faster than the other, then there is definitely a problem with the resistance on one side of the circuit, most likely the fast blinking side. Either the bulbs are different or there might be a short...

04RedR6, keep postin more info, especially how you fix it. Good luck!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts