Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I tried to do my own research on google but came up empty handed. So basically I wanna know if the rumors I hear are true. Compared to the r6 and say the zx6r are gsxr 600's slow? I am by no means looking to jump ship I'm just curious. I'm buying a new to me r6 next April as I had to sell mine for financial reasons :nono

·
I eat what my R6 cooks!
2,498 Posts
Hey guys I tried to do my own research on google but came up empty handed. So basically I wanna know if the rumors I hear are true. Compared to the r6 and say the zx6r are gsxr 600's slow? I am by no means looking to jump ship I'm just curious. I'm buying a new to me r6 next April as I had to sell mine for financial reasons :nono
They are both faster than any speed limit you will ever encounter. On the track, the limiting factor is going to be you, unless you are an expert racer.

Either way, they will all be within probably 5% of each other. What years are you even looking at?

·
Get Some..!
288 Posts
They're all that close, to the average punter they're all the same. Get which ever one feels the most comfortable to you, or attracts the most bitches. A good rider on a slower bike will always be faster than an average rider on a bike with 2 more HP. Also, all the reviews say the GSXR is the easiest to go fast on for the average rider. Not to mention more street friendly...

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wasn't looking for specific years and I am very much pro r6. Ever since owning my 07 r6 I'm not even interested in any other bikes. I was genuinely just curious because I'm always hearing or seeing people bash the gixxer saying they are slow.

·
Premium Member
30,458 Posts
outta the crate, they can't compete with an outta the crate r6 - in the racing/supersport category. end of discussion. same rider trying both bikes will be faster on the r6. it's a racing bike outta the box. the one good thing about the gixxer is the used/aftermarket parts market. it's huge, and things are CHEAP. that's mostly b/c people buy more gixxers and as a result, more gixxers get wrecked and then parted out.

edit: once modified, the r6 is still the better bike - look at previous 600cc championships. granted, the kawi is on it's way up to take the throne (other than JUST sofuoglu), but the r6 is still CURRENTLY the 600 king in the racing world. probably won't be next year though.

·
Hello
527 Posts
Its true the R6 is faster than a GSXR...its also fast than an F-18, a Formula1 race car, and the projectile of a .357 magnum. In fact, idk what keeps Suzuki's doors open.

·
Dont argue on websites
17 Posts
I wasn't looking for specific years and I am very much pro r6. Ever since owning my 07 r6 I'm not even interested in any other bikes. I was genuinely just curious because I'm always hearing or seeing people bash the gixxer saying they are slow.
Bad workers blame the tools..

·
Dont argue on websites
17 Posts
Its true the R6 is faster than a GSXR...its also fast than an F-18, a Formula1 race car, and the projectile of a .357 magnum. In fact, idk what keeps Suzuki's doors open.
yes its the fastest in the world only the nasa shuttle is a bit faster than it. dont be blinded by the blindfolded.

·
V-twins Rock
427 Posts
I don't know what your talking about. Here in Colorado at the MRA races, one of the fastest bikes on the grid is the zx6r. Like it was said before, the limiting factor on sportbikes is the rider. I like the GSXR, but I really hate the way the current model looks.

·
Dont argue on websites
17 Posts
its also fast than an F-18, a Formula1 race car, and the projectile of a .357 magnum.

now how dumb comparison is that? a jet engine is slower than a shitty bike? ridiculous

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
They're all good bikes and all capable of winning races. I have seen every make win a race even at the club level over the past few years. As it was said previously, the only limiting factor is the rider.

·
Reads the rulez
2,255 Posts
They're all good bikes and all capable of winning races. I have seen every make win a race even at the club level over the past few years. As it was said previously, the only limiting factor is the rider.
/thread

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
outta the crate, they can't compete with an outta the crate r6 - in the racing/supersport category. end of discussion. same rider trying both bikes will be faster on the r6. it's a racing bike outta the box. the one good thing about the gixxer is the used/aftermarket parts market. it's huge, and things are CHEAP. that's mostly b/c people buy more gixxers and as a result, more gixxers get wrecked and then parted out.

edit: once modified, the r6 is still the better bike - look at previous 600cc championships. granted, the kawi is on it's way up to take the throne (other than JUST sofuoglu), but the r6 is still CURRENTLY the 600 king in the racing world. probably won't be next year though.
In america where the normal people race, it is the shit. Abroad, where rules are different, Honda is doing pretty well...

·
Premium Member
30,458 Posts
chaz davies won on the r6 in wss either last year, or the year before that.

idk... i still think the r6 is a better race bike than the gixxer. what is suzuki doing these days other than wsbk? "working on a gp bike" i hear... but eh. we'll see. maybe milandri can non-sponsor ride another all blacked out bike. :D

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
chaz davies won on the r6 in wss either last year, or the year before that.

idk... i still think the r6 is a better race bike than the gixxer. what is suzuki doing these days other than wsbk? "working on a gp bike" i hear... but eh. we'll see. maybe milandri can non-sponsor ride another all blacked out bike. :D

Chazz backs that shit in like no other. I love watching him race.

The Gixxer isn't bad once you fcuking put fork cap extenders on the bike and raise it like 25mm front and set the shock fully extended as well. That at least keeps it from dragging bodywork.

:YEA

1 - 20 of 65 Posts