Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
T-1 is my Hero
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Im going to Fontana to run the 1/4 mile on the first time and here's my question, Where are you guys taking off from? The middle of the lane? a wheel track left from the cars? My understanding is that most tracks are higher in the middle for water run off. So I'm just curious what you professionals are doing. Thanks for the info

·
Drag Racer
186 Posts
I like to run in the tire track of the cars... i like to be in the one closer to the center lane...

·
Drag Racer
186 Posts
Ok... let me explain myself for all the f^#!s that dont know what the f*^k i'm talking about... If you ask any drag racer of where you want to be on a race track (drag strip) they will tell you stay away from the wall, and as close to center as possible, margin of error is lesser... It's best if you stay in the groove of the tire tracks for better traction... Next time before you TRY to comment on something and make yourself look like an ass, TRY to help in the thread that you are posting FIRST... Dont be a post whore and post stupid crap without helping the person asking the questions in the thread, or explaining the post of another person... Posting :stupic doesnt help anyone without an explanation of why... :321

·
Registered
42 Posts
i know at our local track they make you run on the outside of the lane so might have to check with the track just to make sure they dont have any rules set up like that.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Ok... let me explain myself for all the f^#!s that dont know what the f*^k i'm talking about... If you ask any drag racer of where you want to be on a race track (drag strip) they will tell you stay away from the wall, and as close to center as possible, margin of error is lesser... It's best if you stay in the groove of the tire tracks for better traction... Next time before you TRY to comment on something and make yourself look like an ass, TRY to help in the thread that you are posting FIRST... Dont be a post whore and post stupid crap without helping the person asking the questions in the thread, or explaining the post of another person... Posting :stupic doesnt help anyone without an explanation of why... :321
:stupic:stupic:stupic:screwy:throwup:nocontrol:nocontrol:fact:mad: do you get that???????????:321

·
Registered
237 Posts
everybody is kool her no need to call ppl ****s thats not to nice

·
Drag Racer
186 Posts
Well… first of all I’d like to apologize to everyone… I have been having a bad week day after day, and I know I may have went out of line a bit… I know we are all here to joke and have fun, but it’s just one of those weeks for me… So once again SORRY…

·
Registered
9 Posts
^^^ wow... this place is a lot different then my snowboarding forum. I don't think I've ever seen an apology before.

Bike riders I guess are better people then snowboarders, lol.

·
Drag Racer
186 Posts
BTW... I'm a snowboarder too...

·
Drag Racer
186 Posts
No... I dont think so...

·
Quarter Mile R6
7 Posts
The safest bet is the inside groove. It also usually gets less junk blown onto it. Spent many times trying it and ive got the slips to prove it. Either way inside or out get in the center of it and stay there or you will lose traction.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts