Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Ballin'
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got these people down the street. I wave to everyone as I roll through, car or bike...
They got a bunch of bikes sitting out. Would you go down and introduce yourself? I think they are new to the neighborhood.
I don't wanna make it seems awkward or anything...

What should I say? I'm not good with neighbors... They all hate me around here. But I guess those neighbors would be in the same boat.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,814 Posts
The answer to all neighbor questions is that neighbors suck...but then, its good to have allies in the hood. Maybe go say whats up and do the you watch out for my shtuff and I will watch out for yours. Bring a six pack and things should be cool.

·
Ballin'
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, they are all inside. I didn't wanna just ring the door bell. Or should I? I just walked down and checked out the two bikes on the street. Another R6 and a CBR. There were two more bikes hidden in the garage. I was hoping they would see me checking out their bikes and come out. Wouldn't mind having people to ride around with in the neighborhood.

Yeah, my bike stays on the street. :( Someone threw little penny sticks (fireworks) at it last night. I called the cops...

·
where da shrooms at?
2,707 Posts
introducing yourself is the easy part, its the awkward silence and everyone looking at you while you stand there not knowing whether you should hang for a while or not thats gonna be weird.

and then theres the part where one of the guys is like **** that dude, we should jack his bike.

or you could just hit it off as buddies.

·
WATCHOUT...I'll be back
446 Posts
I would go say what up when they are outside. You don't know, maybe they also would like other people to ride with also. You will never know not unless you try. I'm in the same deal here in my neighborhood. There is a guy that does track and I would like to talk to him when I can actually catch him outside. But i will one day say what's up.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,814 Posts
DO NOT go looking at his bikes, especially if they are in the garage, unless you know him. If you did that in my neighborhood (or at my house) you would meet me all right, me and my Glock in one hell of a bad mood. Seriously dude, sack up, get a quality six pack, and walk on over and knock on the door. If they tell you to eff off, well, you can go home and drink the sixer knowing they are a bunch of douchebags. If they take it and tell you to eff off, well, its not your day. If they take it, tell you to come in, and offer you one, well, you're home free. Wont know till you try though.....

·
Who eats a motorcycle?
3,095 Posts
id say introduce urself, why not. u share the same love for bikes, so u have that opening. just walk over and be like "nice bikes"
and go from tehre

·
Do Work!
996 Posts
Definitely introduce yourself and what not. See if they're the type of people you'd hang out with. If so then you found yourself a nice group to ride with.

·
Ride It Like It's Stolen!
1,170 Posts
Wait until they're outside. I've had 2 neighborhood fellow bikers come up while I was outside cleaning my 6. The love of bikes is the ice-breaker. Good luck. Worse case scenario...they blow you off. If so..who cares.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Yeah, just knock on the door and and introduce yourself. Unfortunately because of where I live people knocking on my door are usually trying to give me a bible not talk to me about motorbikes. I can still dream though.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
just wait and talk to them when they are outside doing something on the bikes. you'll catch em outside one of these days...or they will see you working on your bike one of the two.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.