Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I bought a 2007 yamaha r6 yesterday guy sold it to me saying he is needing money real bad it has 6700 miles and runs perfect just like brand new I picked it up for 3500$ but I was researching and I found there is a lot of these motors that are going bad on people anyone have any info on the reliability of these year bikes I had a 2006 r6 anniversary edition a couple years ago and never had any problems with it put 14k on it before I sold it I was just wondering if I should just sell it and make some money off it so it don't crap out on me. Thanks in advance!

·
Punisher
33 Posts
if it's running fine now, I don't think you should have any problems with it as long as you maintain it the way you're supposed to. I know a lot of people that have the same year bike with over 20k miles on them.

·
Just lean harder...
888 Posts
06-07's are the same motor specs, Yamaha got caught fibbing about how high it revved so thats why the tach's changed. The main bearings are the weak point in that motor, but if you maintain the oil and don't over-rev it you should be good to go.

·
Stunt Rider
7,982 Posts
Aloha!! Hot damn you got that bike cheap brah#

Ridick - Skeet Skeet Skeet!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts