Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
OMRRA #79
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting rid of the left control switch set(horn,blinkers,high beam). My question is can I just unplug it and call it a day or are there any wires in there that need to be jumped to make a circut?

Only reason I ask and not just go fire it up to try it out is because my motor is not curently in the bike(getting her winter overhaul at EDR). Thanks to anyone that can shed some light for me!

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
You can remove it completely, and even unplug the clutch lever sensor, you just have to start it in neutral every time.;)

you will not have to jump anything.

·
OMRRA #79
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah the clutch sensor and horn got gone a while back. I was just making sure that there wasnt anything in that plug that I didnt know about that might mess with the ignition, I've seen dumber shit!

Thanks man

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
Yeah the clutch sensor and horn got gone a while back. I was just making sure that there wasnt anything in that plug that I didnt know about that might mess with the ignition, I've seen dumber shit!

Thanks man
All good, I take mine off all the time for the track. Id like to figure out a simple starter button though so I could remove the right clip on...and maybe figure out a way to make the stock lap timer easier to deal with.

·
OMRRA #79
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I never used the stock lap timer, never took the time to figure it out since I have an XT lap timer that I dont have to think about.

Now that you mention that I might just figure out a way to wire up a starter button while I am doing the toggle switch for the key in the next couple of days. Got nothing better to do until my motor is done anyway. Damn I hate waiting!

·
Premium Member
30,458 Posts
we simply depinned all the wires except the clutch 2. so the sensor still works, but the rest of it is all gone (horn, lights, etc.).

·
OMRRA #79
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
we simply depinned all the wires except the clutch 2. so the sensor still works, but the rest of it is all gone (horn, lights, etc.).

I guess that is a good idea if for nothing other then the safety of the tire warmers!

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
I never used the stock lap timer, never took the time to figure it out since I have an XT lap timer that I dont have to think about.

Now that you mention that I might just figure out a way to wire up a starter button while I am doing the toggle switch for the key in the next couple of days. Got nothing better to do until my motor is done anyway. Damn I hate waiting!
:werd I need to get an XT

1 - 8 of 8 Posts