·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
iRun
33,317 Posts
you have five days of riding, TOTAL?

Suits won't keep you dry, and leather will keep you warmer than textile, but if it's cold then you're gonna be cold.

·
Insert nonsense here
5,092 Posts
It wont keep you dry but it will help. Leather in the rain is a no no. But it happens, so dry it out properly and it will be fine.

It will help with the cold but under armour is your best bet or the alpinestars cold suit (overpriced under armour...even though under armour is already over priced....so you get a double over price conundrum). http://www.alpinestars.com/store/productslist.aspx?categoryid=183&PageNo=0

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you have five days of riding, TOTAL?
Yes.

I have some regular thermals I will probably wear when it gets cooler, to see if that works out. I dont plan on doing any serious riding in the rain, but I have been caught in it twice.

And the suit I posted, would it be a good suit to buy?

·
iRun
33,317 Posts
Yes.

Damn.. I applaud you for thinking of safety so early. I'm surprised though, that's not what we normally get around here.

I have some regular thermals I will probably wear when it gets cooler, to see if that works out. I dont plan on doing any serious riding in the rain, but I have been caught in it twice.

And the suit I posted, would it be a good suit to buy?

AGV makes top notch helmets (see my avatar) but their suits and other gear are not really up to the same standards... You're better off getting a used QUALITY suit dirt cheap.. Hit up the WERA forum classifieds.

Dainese, Alpinestar, Joe Rocket (I guess), Speed and Strength, Tecnik (may have spelled that wrong) are all notable brands (ranging from best to average from left to right, approximately)

·
iRun
33,317 Posts
My mistake-- Bump teknic closer to the top.. But the point remains the same. Used is a lot cheaper.

·
Premium Member
30,458 Posts
AGV makes top notch helmets (see my avatar) but their suits and other gear are not really up to the same standards... You're better off getting a used QUALITY suit dirt cheap.. Hit up the WERA forum classifieds.

Dainese, Alpinestar, Joe Rocket (I guess), Speed and Strength, Tecnik (may have spelled that wrong) are all notable brands (ranging from best to average from left to right, approximately)
two completely different companies. dainese/agv is the same company, but agv sport (the suit brand) is an american company.

the agv sports are good beginner suits, and will last ya AT LEAST 2 getoffs - unless you REALLY take a hard spill. my fieldsheer has been down twice, and simply needs to be resewn on one spot. it was $250 brand new. www.motorcyclecloseouts.com just keep an eye on that site about once a week, and you'll be surprised at what comes up every now and then. :sing

·
slow guy
4,409 Posts
two completely different companies. dainese/agv is the same company, but agv sport (the suit brand) is an american company.

the agv sports are good beginner suits, and will last ya AT LEAST 2 getoffs - unless you REALLY take a hard spill. my fieldsheer has been down twice, and simply needs to be resewn on one spot. it was $250 brand new. www.motorcyclecloseouts.com just keep an eye on that site about once a week, and you'll be surprised at what comes up every now and then. :sing
x2
There is really no comparison between Dianese and A*, I just got new Dianese stuff this summer and it is simply excellent gear. I still think the A* gear is great stuff. Also like Steve mentioned keep an eye out on the classifieds here, CL, ebay, WERA forums and local motorcycle clubs. Racers/track riders are always selling stuff CHEAP!

And motorcyclecloseouts.com should be on your favorites list http://www.thehelmetcenter.com/ also has some good prices.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts