Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay i installed a set of flush mount turn signals today on my 08 raven. installation was easy but i must say i'm not totally satisfied w/ them.

I purchased them on ebay through d2moto. here is what the look like according to the site:

and this is what they r supposed to look like on:

bottom line is they are nowhere that bright. and now the turn signal indicator light is "slightly" lit all the time. Also only about have the led's seem 2 be bright they other half are really dim.

i was hoping someone could let me know if i did something wrong in the install. or if that is just the way the product is. also i am certain i plugged the harness is completely both sides are doin the same thing...

·
MACGYVER 05 R6 NJ
4,033 Posts
I would see if starting the bike will help. I have the cheap led rear view mirrors off ebay and they only lit up 5 leds. But when I started the bike all the leds came on. Also you may have feed back voltage to the display from the turn signals. See if the wires are in the right place black to black and red to green or brown.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I've got a set of hotbodies ones and they work just fine, they're plenty bright too. What I like the best about them though is that they dont stay on as running lights. I dont know if all flush mounts work like that but I like it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would see if starting the bike will help. I have the cheap led rear view mirrors off ebay and they only lit up 5 leds. But when I started the bike all the leds came on. Also you may have feed back voltage to the display from the turn signals. See if the wires are in the right place black to black and red to green or brown.
yeah i had the biking running when i checked. also they are completing prewired. no cutting involved. just unplug the stock and plug in the aftermarket. i believe purchasing the lesser expensive parts may have got me what i paid for...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The connector might be loose. If you've given up on all other options, I'd try hard wiring them and see if that works better.
i'm sure that is not the prob. the connector most def snapped in properly and is seated well.

maybe hard wiring is the answer. i think its just an inferior product.

FOR SALE: a set of flush mount turn signals for 06-08 r6. used 1 day!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
i have these on my 03 r6 i have the same problem the left side turns on and off intermittently seems to only happen after about 20 mins of riding when bike is really warmed up im in the market for new flush mounts as i type

·
My R6 is my best friend.
101 Posts
Bought these off ebay and was very disapponted in them. they fell out because they use a sticky gasket type thing and they fell out and the did not light up properly. I jsut went and bought the GYTR flush kit and it works perfect with my led pegs in the rear...

Solution = throw those away and buy gytr, worked for me...?

Chris

·
My R6 is Famous!
1,324 Posts
Alright here is goes I bought the same flushmounts an and integrated tail light to be installed at the same time...once everything was installed i thought there was a problem with the wiring of the integrated tailight but the problem is the plug for the flush mounts...

The plug for the flush mounts connects into the marker light and the blinkers, with out the ground. So what happens is a short circuit causing only a couple of lights to light up...this may sound a little crazy but you have to force the plug from the flush mount to to connect the ground wire (which should be the black wire) and the blinker! It's not going to be a flush fit from the OEM plug into the flushmount plug, you just have to force it in and use sum type of tape (electrical preferably) and just wrap it and that should take care of all your problems.

·
My R6 is Famous!
1,324 Posts
Everyone here saying that they are trash....your sadly mistaken when you get it to work you be pleased with them trust me!...Patience is a virtue take your time and figure out the solution to the problem!

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
Repin means to switch the wires. I think he means to switch the ground and the hot (i don't have these flushmounts so not 100% positive but this is what im guessing) at the plug. You can pull the wires out of the plug switch them and put them back in

1 - 20 of 23 Posts