Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i bought a t-tuner midpipe and a akra megaphone exhaust on its way to me by friday. i was thinkin and realized...holy sh**, do i need a PC3 now? or will it be fine to jus hook up the O2 sensor to the midpipe? i plan on getting a PC3 down the road anyways...then i reached another dilemma...when i get the PC3, what do i do with the O2 sensor because it says your not supposed to use the O2 sensor, do ppl jus cut them off or what do they do with the O2 sensor when gettin a PC3? haha sorry its kinda complicated its really a few questions...

thanks in advance!:dunce:

·
Just Burnin Time
2,220 Posts
1. no. but you should and get it tuned.
2. unplug it and take it out.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok update, i just bought a PC3 cuz i figured with the midpipe and slip-on and my gearing changed and what not im goin to need it regardless. now that i am goin to have the t-tuner with the O2 hookup, should i plug that hold that the O2 is supposed to go in.. if so with what? thanks

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yep i have a speedo healer...i have all the items just need to hook them up and make sure that i do them right. now when i put on the PC3, how do i get rid of the O2 sensor? it uplugs? or do i cut it off or waht? thank you!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sorry for being pain in the ass persistant its jus because the parts are on their way and i wanna have everything rdy

·
Phi Phi K A
823 Posts
You did not need a PCIII to begin with, but since you bought one, all you have to do is unplug the O2 connecter under the tank. Make sure it is zip tied to the wiring harness and leave it alone. No need to remove the entire thing. NEVER cut anything.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks man i really appreciate it, i a goin to end up ggettin race headers and a air filter soon so i was going to need the PC3 sooner or later. but i really thank you. im goin to unplug it and leave the O2 sensor dangling at the bottom?

·
Faster than you!
782 Posts
You might want to invest in some ear plugs and watch out for cops....They will hear you a mile away coming with a T-Tuner and a megaphone exhaust....That thing is going to be WAY tooo loud....just my 2 cents.

I would take your bike down and get it dyno tuned. It's only about 250-350 bucks depending on where you go. That way you arent left guessing what your a/f ratio is, especially if you changed your air filter.

·
Just Burnin Time
2,220 Posts
leave the o2 sensor in the mid pipe and unplug it under the tank. Therefor, its plugging the hole, but not being used.

·
Phi Phi K A
823 Posts
. im goin to unplug it and leave the O2 sensor dangling at the bottom?
No, not at the pipe. Follow the O2 sensor wire from the bottom all the way up to where it connects to the wiring harness under the fuel tank. Unplug it from the connector and secure it with a zip tie. Leave the O2 sensor plugged into the pipe so it plugs the hole but is not sending a signal to the ecu.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
oooo i get it... that makes sense. thank you guys so much. its jus that by Monday i will have my PC3, my T-Tuner, and my Akra at my front door so i wanna be prepared. anything else i should know?

·
Phi Phi K A
823 Posts
oooo i get it... that makes sense. thank you guys so much. its jus that by Monday i will have my PC3, my T-Tuner, and my Akra at my front door so i wanna be prepared. anything else i should know?
Just be carefull when removing your headers. The copper washers can break or bend. You should get new ones, but if they are in good shape they should be fine. If the look too smushed, try taking a torch to them to pop them back up a bit. The easiest way to reinstall them when putting the headers back on is a tiny bit of grease on one side of them and stick them on the header before you try to re mount them. Trying to get them to line up and stay on otherwise is a bit(h. When removing your headers, you do not have to remove the radiator. Many people advise to do it, but with a long enough extension and removing the radiator bracket at the bottom you should be fine removing the header with out having to remove the entire radiator. I have done mine that way several times with no issues. Ahhh, can't think of anything else right now, but if I do I will post up. Keep us informed and post soe pics of your progress.

·
Oorah!
1,140 Posts
I wish I had this much money to throw around. Lol, I should be ok with my $35,000 military sign bonus! Dunno what to do with it though, I have no debt except the bike + insurance and truck insurance and a $300 credit card and $450 dell account. That can be paid off in one easy payment.

·
Phi Phi K A
823 Posts
I wish I had this much money to throw around. Lol, I should be ok with my $35,000 military sign bonus! Dunno what to do with it though, I have no debt except the bike + insurance and truck insurance and a $300 credit card and $450 dell account. That can be paid off in one easy payment.

One word.....MARCHESINIS(sp?) :nocontrol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts