Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How long has everyone been riding for and how many accidents in that time? just curiouse

Brian

·
Registered
786 Posts
Been riding since May 2004.... Had two bikes in this time.... because my first bike got destroyed by and old senile driver... rearended me....

·
Registered
302 Posts
4,000 miles, wrecked once very lightly, first streetbike, had numerous on the dirt up until a few years ago. And always used to learn the hard way

·
Registered
14 Posts
Been riding since 1999.

Kawasaki KZ650 to FZR 600 to R6

In total I probably put on about 15K. Never been down. I have dropped a bike in the driveway and the first one at an intersection. (Smooth)

I have a friend back in Chicago that rode for many years and he's got a limp from one such ride. He says, "There are only two kinds of riders; those that have been down, and those that are going."

-Mark

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
started with dirt bikes since i was like 12. many accidents on the dirt. started with street bikes in high school. i just rode friends bikes. so for the past 15 years i have been riding off and on. i never got really serious until '03 when i bought my R6. the only accident i had was a low side at work going 5 mph. i had many close calls though.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Lanesplitter said:
Been riding since 1999.

Kawasaki KZ650 to FZR 600 to R6

In total I probably put on about 15K. Never been down. I have dropped a bike in the driveway and the first one at an intersection. (Smooth)

I have a friend back in Chicago that rode for many years and he's got a limp from one such ride. He says, "There are only two kinds of riders; those that have been down, and those that are going."

-Mark
or,
There are old riders, and they're are bold riders, but you don't see to many old bold riders :cheers

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Rode dirt bikes as a kid, moved to the city when i was 13, no more bikes.....got the itch last spring bought an '04 in March and went down HARD the tuesday before the 4th of July....ohh yea I had over 5500 miles on her allready.....goddamn how I love to ride.....can't wait till this fuckin rain and cold weather shit goes away.....

·
Registered
234 Posts
Started in Nov 04, w/ the 6, first bike...been down twice...once highside on a curve, 2nd showin off on grass ass end slid out

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
i seen my buddy's brand new 03 r6 silver, and fell in love with the style. i never seen a bike so beautiful (until the 04 r1 came out). so i had to go get one, and i did. like a couple days later i went and got the same exact one and dropped 7500$ on a used 03 (thats all i had at the time and a new one is a G more) bought it in june 03 and started riding street for my first time. i had never ever ridden streetbikes before but i guess i am a natural because i got pretty good with the 6 great bike i might say! traded it in on the r1 a year later and 10 days later BOOM a fucking bitch hits me at the intersection and leaves me to die, hit and run on my new r1 what the **** now im bike-less until march... hopefully! ive rode dirt when i was younger til now

:cheers

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Starting riding at 6, racing at 7. (I'm 35 now)
Been riding 29 years so far.
Pro supercross 4 years
roadracing for 3
17 broken bones and 200+ stitches to date
Street riding for 21 years no accidents so far.

I have a different kind of respect for street riding.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Started in 99 on a CBR F4. Ungraged to The 929 in 01. Been down 3 times. Because of the shoulder injury I have one arm longer than the other . Various scraps and scars but I refuse to get off the bike!!!! Oh the wife has the R6 and its pink!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts