Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
^^ tallest Yamaha rider^^
6,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone here run a stock exhaust system with track fairings? I read somewhere that the fat cat on the bottom would block the progress of the belly pan..any truth to this?

·
I'd Flip it :popcorn:
16,745 Posts
Yep you cant run track glass with the muffler under it....BUT you can cut the bottom if you are only doing track days..

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
does anyone here run a stock exhaust system with track fairings? I read somewhere that the fat cat on the bottom would block the progress of the belly pan..any truth to this?
Forget which brands dont fit... I know Sebimoto works and maybe piteck?

Highly suggest some high heat insulation on the belly pan with the stock cat

·
My R6 doesn't exist
1,674 Posts
care to share how? did u just cut out a little square for the cat?
is this because the rules of laguna seca? i know you cant run aftermarket exhaust there. well... so i've been told.

·
Do Work
394 Posts
is this because the rules of laguna seca? i know you cant run aftermarket exhaust there. well... so i've been told.
You can run aftermarket exhausts there but you have to be under a certain decibal limit....

·
My R6 doesn't exist
1,674 Posts
You can run aftermarket exhausts there but you have to be under a certain decibal limit....
thats what it wass. i knew they had some sort of restriction. do you know what it is?

·
My R6 doesn't exist
1,674 Posts
hmmm. thats gonna be hard to keep an aftermarket under that. that'd be fun to do a track day there tho

·
Do Work
394 Posts
Yeah, it'd be damn hard to hit that mark with out having an oem exhaust. I'll ride laguna one day!

·
My R6 eats you.
7,563 Posts
My track fairings fit fine with the cat intact.

·
Premium Member
30,458 Posts
agg racing plastics ftw. too bad the source is gone, and they no longer exist.

conrad, there's a silencer for my leo setup that makes a WORLD of difference. it was actually quieter than the factory headers and a gytr slipon. i know you don't have a 6, but still - i'd guess there was something similar for the 1. just a thought - that way you're not limited to a factory setup.

·
Just suck on my balls!!!
64 Posts
Here is a picture with Catalyst Racing Composites and the stock exhaust. I have since changed. As suggested, you may want to put some heat shielding in the belly pan and do some minor trimming to the top backside of the belly pan. If you look close, you'll see what I'm talking about.

Attachments

·
^^ tallest Yamaha rider^^
6,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
agg racing plastics ftw. too bad the source is gone, and they no longer exist.

conrad, there's a silencer for my leo setup that makes a WORLD of difference. it was actually quieter than the factory headers and a gytr slipon. i know you don't have a 6, but still - i'd guess there was something similar for the 1. just a thought - that way you're not limited to a factory setup.
yes i do :yes

picked up a track whore...trying to stay on a budget though (a.k.a. stock exhaust)..got an ohlins ttx on the rear and going to valve the front with race tech

My track fairings fit fine with the cat intact.
what setup you running? i'm looking at armour bodies

Here is a picture with Catalyst Racing Composites and the stock exhaust. I have since changed. As suggested, you may want to put some heat shielding in the belly pan and do some minor trimming to the top backside of the belly pan. If you look close, you'll see what I'm talking about.
Thx bro!
Hotbodies designs their bodywork with the OEM exhaust in mind. Tdub
i have not heard good things about hot bodies :laugh

1 - 20 of 40 Posts