Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Well first off, welcome to the best R6 forum on the net.

Second... It could be a number of things. Something could have come unplugged, your lean angle switch could be stuck, it's really hard to tell.

How did it fall? just fell over, or was it a crash?

·
Registered
705 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Also, you could have flooded the engine, or oil in the carbs. It still tries to turn over right?? It happens, I've seen it a lot. One time my buddy was foolin' around in downtown Naperville, did an endo, fell over slowly, just left it in the road cuz it wouldn't start....hahah...he just picked it up, it wouldn't start so he put the kick stand down and left it....we were all like um.....there's traffic, anyway sorry....besides the point it should start if you just let it sit for a while.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Also, you could have flooded the engine, or oil in the carbs. It still tries to turn over right?? It happens, I've seen it a lot. One time my buddy was foolin' around in downtown Naperville, did an endo, fell over slowly, just left it in the road cuz it wouldn't start....hahah...he just picked it up, it wouldn't start so he put the kick stand down and left it....we were all like um.....there's traffic, anyway sorry....besides the point it should start if you just let it sit for a while.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Welcome to the forum...sorry to hear you drop your bike. IT would help if you let us know what year is the bike, and how you dropped it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
its a 02 r6
i was going straight some lady blew a stopsighn then froze up right infront of me i skidded to the right and the left side of my bike t boned her car

i wasnt conciouse for 3 days broke my jaw in 2 spots my left arm was shatterd my leg scarred from a broken fairing

also broke my front fairing mounting brackate
bent my subframe and destroyed my gas tank

as well as my left rearset

finnaly its rebuilt besides the getting it started part

ive been trying to rollstart it Still seams to ride straight so far

·
Registered
629 Posts
Wow, glad you're okay. Did you do the repairs or a shop? If you had the bike at a shop then take it back. I had oil problems after my wreck, guess there was oil in the air-in-take box (?). Sorry boys still learning!! :roll:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanx for the concern

And deffinatly i Thank God for helping me recover

i was using a kbc i think it might have been a little to big

but i really dont think that woulda matterd

some lady blew a stopsighn and kinda made a left turn into me so it was almost a head on collision

Ive slowlly part by part been rebuilding myself

i needed a front fairing, headlight, front fairing mounting brackate,
left handlebar, i need a left side mid fairing but ime trying to work around it, gastank, rear fairing, subframe, new turn signals so i integrated the taillight and put one of those nifty plate flippers on (now ya see ma plate Now ya dont) and ime waiting on my shifter rearset from e bay right now

it was sitting for almost a year
it wouldnt start
so it think i killed my batterie from trying to jumpstart it
but i got a new batterie and i tested my voltage rectifier
What else could be preventing me from starting

it really sounds like it wants too

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.