Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My bike isnt charging, ive changed the battery, and the regulator, last option is the stator... Everywhere I look for a stator, it always says STATOR COVER. Is that what im suppose to be looking for? Im just under the impression that cover is the outside shell, and not what is really needed in the inside... One more question, is it wrong I sell the bike with this issue without telling the new buyer? I feel half and half. Half of me feels I should, because it was done to me, and the other half says no, because Its simply wrong. I've offered the bike for 5gs, should I increase the price $200+ for the new repair, or should it come out my pocket, OR, just stay shut, have him sign the bill of sale with the AS IF emphasis, and still get my 5gs...?

·
My R6 has returned!!
1,930 Posts
Fix it, then sell it for your 5gs, then you don't have any moral problems. Such problems and their various manifestations in the people you'll affect just aren't worth saving $200. Money comes and goes - let it go.

Before changing the battery or regulator, you should have been testing voltage from each component of the charging system. In anycase you can find an OEM stator anywhere, bikebandit, mrcycles.com etc. Look in the "GENERATOR" section I believe. You'll see the break down of the stator cover, stator (which fits into the cover) and the generator mag-rotor. STATOR COVER is NOT a stator. Good luck.

·
Registered
14 Posts
(kickstand side) the stator cover is left of the coolant reservoir. you will need to take off the bottom fairing fairing, the coolant reservoir bottle and also have a big/wide oil pan ready right under the cover. Unplug the stator plug, it should be under the gas tank right above the coolant reservoir, just tug the wire from the stator over and find it --unplug.

When you start to loosen the bolts with allen wrench some oil will start to drip. once you completely pop it out more oil should come out, it should be about a glass full maybe a little more or less.
Pull hard even with all the bolts removed it might still be somewhat attached because of the rotor magnet. The stator you will replace is attached under the cover. Easy change. oh and you will also need a new gasket.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
(Varna) Yeah I thought about it - and ended up fixing it... NOW, after having spent the money I have in Battery, Regulator, and new Alternator, now its definitely going to be up to the new buyer, if anything seems wrong... Ive done whats in my knowledge to fix the bike... I feel I've done my part, and dont have my conscious bothering me.

(Rippa) Oh I knew where it was - I was just having issues finding the darn thing, cuz almost everywhere you look, you will always come up wait "Stator Cover". LOL but thanks though

1 - 4 of 4 Posts