Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to buy some aluminized heat tape/barrier for some new fairings I recently purchased, obviously to avoid heat from the exhaust melting the lower fairings. My question is this - would one 12" x 24" sheet be enough to cover both the left and right lower fairing? Or should I order two? Thanks for the input!

(Btw, I would measure it myself, but I'm in Afghanistan right now and do not have access to the fairings.)

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
I was going to buy some aluminized heat tape/barrier for some new fairings I recently purchased, obviously to avoid heat from the exhaust melting the lower fairings. My question is this - would one 12" x 24" sheet be enough to cover both the left and right lower fairing? Or should I order two? Thanks for the input!

(Btw, I would measure it myself, but I'm in Afghanistan right now and do not have access to the fairings.)
Bein out here sucks when it comes to gettin things for the bike doesn't it? :*tongue

But if I was to venture a guess I would recommend getting two of them bro, better to have extra, I think one sheet wouldn't only really cover one side of your lower fairings. I was wondering the same thing when I bulk ordered the gel material for my seats, it was hard to figure what I needed, so I ordered plenty, and if it all works out right I might even be able to double it up for an extra comfy ride! I'm almost outa here bro, approx 1 month!!!! STOKED!:nocontrol:nocontrol:nocontrol

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bein out here sucks when it comes to gettin things for the bike doesn't it? :*tongue

But if I was to venture a guess I would recommend getting two of them bro, better to have extra, I think one sheet wouldn't only really cover one side of your lower fairings. I was wondering the same thing when I bulk ordered the gel material for my seats, it was hard to figure what I needed, so I ordered plenty, and if it all works out right I might even be able to double it up for an extra comfy ride! I'm almost outa here bro, approx 1 month!!!! STOKED!:nocontrol:nocontrol:nocontrol
thanks for the input! i was thinking of getting two just in case, i just didn't want to have a butt-ton extra. anyway, i've got just over a month myself!! i, too, am pretty excited to get back to the States! :toocool:

keep your head down out there, and get home safely man. maybe we can get together and go for a ride when we both get back on the other side of the pond. take care, bro!

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
thanks for the input! i was thinking of getting two just in case, i just didn't want to have a butt-ton extra. anyway, i've got just over a month myself!! i, too, am pretty excited to get back to the States! :toocool:

keep your head down out there, and get home safely man. maybe we can get together and go for a ride when we both get back on the other side of the pond. take care, bro!
I hear ya, but what's wrong w/ extra? Extra is always fun for other projects!!! :D I hear ya on the comin home dude. You make sure you get home safely too, DONT BE ANOTHER STATISTIC! :lmao like all of them stupid AFN commercials about precombat checks FTW!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts