Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How's it going everyone! dang i love this forum~ it's soo damn helpful! thanks for all your help guys, i'm even more proud to be an r6 owner after joining this forum lol! Well I received a 2006 yamaha r6 as a gift recently and it's my first bike i've ever owned. I'm planning on heading to the DMV this Monday after my cousin who was the former owner gets his duplicate title in the mail so he can pass it over to me. Now the question i wanted to ask was, on the title i believe the bike's color is BLACK because he purchased it as the Raven, however after doing a low slide he changed his plastics to the blue because it was so hard for him to get the black fairings. Anyhow, i was wondering if it's a longer process to register the bike if it has been changed in color? and if it's just better to just re-register the title as is and make the change of color later on? Please help! oh btw i'm located in NY if anyone has any idea how it works here. Thanks again and safe riding everyone!

·
I eat YOUR MOM
2,110 Posts
i'm on the east coat too (PA). but around me color doesnt matter. people custom paint bikes and cars all the time. you don't need to change the title for anything like that. the only thing is it may throw up a red flag to the fact that is has been layed down.

·
RU R6
1,205 Posts
Is it all blue? If it is, I would just tell the DMV clerk that it's blue now and they change it. Just in case the police run your tags as they're behind you....dunno why cops do that ;) And it comes back a different color, that's probable cause for a stop.

Tell your cousing to put 0 or gift on the title, and not KBB value.

·
My R6 eats yours!!!
369 Posts
Is it all blue? If it is, I would just tell the DMV clerk that it's blue now and they change it. Just in case the police run your tags as they're behind you....dunno why cops do that ;) And it comes back a different color, that's probable cause for a stop.

Tell your cousing to put 0 or gift on the title, and not KBB value.
+1 on telling them the color now. That is why so the cops dont think its stolen plate on different bike.

+2 on the gift for title value= you pay less tax on it then kbb value.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.