Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
YZF-er!
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Is there a special Leo Vince exhaust full set for a high mount carbon pipe or can I buy a full set and swap the pipe that comes with it with the current high mount slipon I have on my 03 R6?

Full System Schematics:
https://www.leovinceusa.com/schematics/large/DT-6654.pdf

High Mount Schematics:
https://www.leovinceusa.com/schematics/large/DT-7058TC.pdf

Seems like the 53 (high mount pipe) will slip right into the 54 (full system mid-pipe).

Please correct me if I'm wrong, thanks!

Appreciate the feedback!

·
YZF-er!
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Probably not, i use to have a slip on on my zx10 and then bought the full system, the diameter of the the pipes leading to the can are different, the full system is alot larger.

·
YZF-er!
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Just called Leo Vince and asked them (Curtis at support) if the high mount slipon would be compatible, he said yes.

Still holding reservations though. Anyone know for sure or have experience with this?

·
YZF-er!
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Edit.

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts

·
YZF-er!
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
So you currently have a high mount full leo? I assumed you had a different companies high mount.
No, I have a carbon Leo Vince High Mount SLIPON and I will be purchasing a Leo Vince FULL SYSTEM. My goal is to substitute the can that comes with the full set with the Leo High Mount Slipon I currently have installed.

My question is whether or not the high mount Leo slipon I have will fit the mid-pipe of a Leo Full System. Looking at the schematics though, it seems as if the high mount slipon pipe (53 width) will slip right into the full system mid-pipe (54 width).

Just double checking. :fact

·
Registered
213 Posts
Well if they say it will work and are willing to take responsability if it does not, i would say go for it.
BTW i just got an email from Leo Vince today saying that they are with a super sale from monday this week to the end of the year to clear up stock

·
YZF-er!
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yea, well hopefully this works out. If anyone knows anything about this please do post!

I'm not buying the pipes from them directly, I'm getting it from another rider. So, the factory has no responsibility, that's why I'm posting the question.

Thanks for the heads up regarding the sale, I'd jump on it but I got a better deal.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts