Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a 07 R6 with a Yoshi TRC carbon slip. I’ve been contemplating adding a couple of new mods and wanted to get everyone’s feedback here based on their experience.

I was thinking about adding a PC3, BMC Street Filter, and MJSperformance Race Headers. Once everything was installed I would then have a custom dyno tune.

Thoughts? Is it worth the investment for the extra power? How loud will this setup be? Last question, do I need a smog block off kit?

Thanks for your feedback everyone, you have all been a great help in the past!

·
Registered
51 Posts
If you plan on having it dyno tuned, you'll need an accurate air/fuel reading, so block off plates are a must. I just installed my block off plates this weekend and they almost completely eliminated all of the popping.

·
2 Fast 4 U
130 Posts
If you plan on having it dyno tuned, you'll need an accurate air/fuel reading, so block off plates are a must. I just installed my block off plates this weekend and they almost completely eliminated all of the popping.
Whats block off paltes? where do they go?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
It closes off the AIS (Air Induction System) which distributes Air into the exhaust. It helps with the air to fuel ratio for tuning from my understanding. Here’s a link to a How-To post that gives you more information and show’s you how to remove the system and install the plates.

Here is a like to Graves Site which has a great description of what the plates are for. Here's a link to Graves install instructions as well.

Here is a link to the Grave’s Smog Block Off Plates from tobefast

·
2 Fast 4 U
130 Posts
It closes off the AIS (Air Induction System) which distributes Air into the exhaust. It helps with the air to fuel ratio for tuning from my understanding. Here’s a link to a How-To post that gives you more information and show’s you how to remove the system and install the plates.

Here is a like to Graves Site which has a great description of what the plates are for. Here's a link to Graves install instructions as well.

Here is a link to the Grave’s Smog Block Off Plates from tobefast

Hey viper..thanx for that

1 - 6 of 6 Posts