Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my girl just got a 2005 raven and she wants to lower it because she can barely touch the ground on her tip toes. i have a question. i see the one link that connects to the swingarm and then it attaches to the dogbone. then the dogbone connects to the rear shock. when i get the lowering links i just replace the solid link in the middle and use one link to attach to the dogbone and swingarm right?? i dont see how both links would be used if the links do come as a set. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok so i pretty much got it figured out. i am going to go with an adjustable lowering link so i can be adjusted while on the bike. plus it also goes 0-4 inches which is a nice range. i do have one question if someone can help me out. what places to i measure from on the bike to lower it the amount i want?? should i measure it from the tail or seat for the rear?? also where would be a good place to take before and after measurements for the front so i can get both lowered the same amount?? thank you!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
You can measure from the top of the fork tubes to the top triple clamp for the front. For the rear, you measure the height of the seat to the ground.

·
Scooter
38 Posts
I wouldn't recommend any more than 1". Can run into clearance issues when lower more: either scraping parts that you would normally have a tad more clearance while riding, or while loading on a trailer, depending on trailer, is possible to catch the belly area. There are riding boots out there that can help her make up the difference. Also, I recommend picking up a spare kickstand and having it chopped/welded by a reputable place, or an adjustable one. Even a 1" drop leaves the bike pretty vertical and easy to tip over.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts