Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, I finally took the plunge and bought myself an R6. I'm looking to leather up and figure there's no better place to gain insight than here.

I purchased the $600 Dainese Racing Pelle. However, after doing a bit more shopping around... I was curious about how it compares against other gear and what it can be used in conjunction with. For example:

As mentioned before the Jacket is $600. Delta Pro Pelle Pants are $500. That's $1100 for Pants/Jacket, only $100 shy of the 2 piece Laguna Seca suit. Essentially, what's the difference between a Jacket/Pants combo and the 2 piece suit in terms of protection?

- It says it has Jacket/Pants fastening system. Is that a belt loop or zippers? If I go down at a nice speed, I don't want my jacket rolling up over my head hockey style.

- Can this jacket be worn on the track? I don't plan on hitting the track for a good while, but I don't want to purchase 2 sets of practically identical gear at the same price.

- As far as comfort, this jacket doesn't have the 3D bubble liner is that a big deal? It also doesn't have the aerodynamic hump... but I'm not too concerned about that as i'll be able to sport a backpack more easily for when I need to take anything along.

Any feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Ya... but I just have the worst proportions for anything 1 piece.

I'm 5'5" and body build. My jackets are tight as hell, the sleeves are too long, and anything that fits me in the chest would be like 6 foot tall. I suppose I could try some on though. In that regard I always gravitate toward 2 pieces, but the whole keeping them connected issue would definately be in the back of my mind.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.