Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First and foremost im stationed in cali does anyone kno who is the cheapest bike insurance?

Two i just bought another R6 this one bein and 07 and i was wonderin does the exup make a diff in low end torq or is that a myth cause i just cant seein yamaha puttin 3 or 4 lbs of extra weight for no reason?

can anyone telll me if this exhaust is gonnna be not only sound improvement but horsepower also also wit gettin rid of the exup?

http://www.1tail.com/sa/p/Yamaha_YZF-R6_(06-07)_Slash_Cut_Megaphone_Side_Mount_Exhaust.htm

·
Registered
408 Posts
Well I don't believe that it will get rid of the exup becuase it is acctually in your Cat so you will either need to get a Mid-pipe or full system to get anything but sound gaine out of it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
alright i got yaa i just looked at it and i guess ur right that the slip on would go on in front of the exup is that what ur sayin? and that exhaust have u seen anyone one wit it before and how does it sound? im basically just a fan of the looks. also do you think i should hollow my cat or am i gonna loose back pressure and screw up my computer settings if i do.

·
Registered
408 Posts
What I would do if I was you is goto MJperformance.com and look at getting there system it is way less then a full system but doesn't make it so you have to get a PCIII which is nice. Or you could go on ebay and buy a midpipe and cut your CAT off and just make sure you put your O2 censor in so you still will not need a PCIII . Up to you, I guess you could hollow out your CAT but have never heard of anyone doing this so not sure of the effect. Also there is a honeycomb like filler right before your CAT that can be removed as well but you have to saw your cat off to get to it so I dont know if its worth it if you want to keep your CAT on. I know alot of people get rid of it because it is really heavy and losing it is good.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
That is the hotbodies slip on. I have it on my bike. And yes you have to remove the exup cables. It has a nice sound. Lower then stock, deep growl.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
did u notice a difference in low end torq at all after removing the exups and did u get a relay so u can remove the motor

·
Registered
313 Posts
did u notice a difference in low end torq at all after removing the exups and did u get a relay so u can remove the motor
You just remove the cables and leave the motor. No code is set as long as the motor stays.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Personally I did not. If you ask around you will hear different opinions. But if you put any slip on on your bike, you have no choice. Even the GYTR slip on that Yamaha sells requires removal of the exup cable, I think?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts