Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinking about getting some Astar SMX-4 boots and I was wondering if I would really ever wear them...

For all you guys with a nice set of riding boot how often to you really wear them when you’re on your bike. And when you get to where you’re going do you keep them on or bring a set of shoes with you.

Also when I was at the shop trying on the boots I sat on a bike and had a hard time getting my foot on the shifter. Do you experience the same thing or did they just need to be broke in.

The thing that Im trying to avoid is spending $200.00 on some boots and never using them. But I really like the idea of added safety.

·
Mezz
3,778 Posts
I wear A* SMX+'s and I wear them every single time I ride. I'm not sure about the shifter issues I think you would get used to the feel in boots.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have a pair of Icon Super Duty 2. under $100, wear them every time I ride Comfortable to walk around in. I'd like to get a pair of Icon field armor Chukka's for really hot days. May not protect quite as well as the a*s But they still protect. Also they look like regular work boots.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I just picked up a pair of the SMX'4s. They are comforatable as hell and I allways wear boots when I ride. I dont take them off when i stop somewhere I dont care about looks as long as I know I have them protecting my feet and ankles. They actually look pretty bad a** IMO.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts