Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is this white rod thing in my 03 r6 gas tank? There's two of them and it seems like it goes from the top side of the tank down to the bottom. I'd say fuel pump but the pump doesn't have these little white rods.

I was able to get one on camera. Any idea?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
I've noticed the same thing on mine. I try not to get into it too much with the fuel nozzle.

It's a hose.

The hose is probably related to the tank vent in some way. The tank has two vents on the bottom. Obviously it can't vent fumes from the bottom without their being an (air) passage from the top.

With the tank off the bike, I've plugged the two vents on the bottom. A loud hiss can be heard when uncapping the bottom vent(s).

Not 100% sure of the internal hose's function. But I've wondered about it as well. Makes sense that it's for the vent though. Could be wrong, especially when considering that diagram, but without really look close and shining a light down there, I thought I saw two hoses in mine.

·
YZFR6... ooodles of HP
1,242 Posts
Nice shot, but I cringed some poor tank was harmed in that shot.

·
YZFR6... ooodles of HP
1,242 Posts
That, I want to see...

·
UR B-hind Da 8 Ball
6,175 Posts
One’s a vent line the other is the overflow drain. They run to the bottom of the tank and are connected to hoses that either drain on the ground, or if it’s a California bike, to a charcoal canister.

·
YZFR6... ooodles of HP
1,242 Posts
Holy batman!

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
@Shawn855 - What a bautiful article. It shows that literally everything, from the frame to the secondary exhaust pipe before the cat, is quite literally, engineered. (technically re-re-re-re-re-engineered a.k.a. refined)

·
YZFR6... ooodles of HP
1,242 Posts
The sexy no holds barred pics.

Reactions: Shawn855
1 - 11 of 11 Posts