Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I made a profile a while ago but didn't have a bike at the time. Ended up getting an older Suzuki but had to sell it shortly after. Anyways just got an 06 r6 a couple weeks ago and have a question as I just noticed it. I'm not an expert yet lol so this is probably a dumb question but is air supposed to be coming from where I'm pointing? Seems weird that there is and seems like there should be a screw in there as there are grooves. Oh and I didn't want to make a new post but I didn't see any other started one that I could chime in on

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You are supposed to have an O2 sensor in there..

Is the ECU flashed or do you have bazzaz?
I'm not sure what the previous owner has done to it and I don't know much about flashing. I bought it from a dealer, not that id expect them to know much on the subject either. It does have an fmf pipe on it

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
well thats good news then. Dealers must make sure your emissions equipment is working. 02 sensor is part of the emissions. Or you can just get a shallow metric 18 x 1.5 bolt to put in there.
You do have the upper hand in this negotiation with the dealer.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well thats good news then. Dealers must make sure your emissions equipment is working. 02 sensor is part of the emissions. Or you can just get a shallow metric 18 x 1.5 bolt to put in there.

So do you think I should have them put the 02 sensor back in or just run it the way it is? Or put a bolt in? I think why I didn't notice the air before was because I've always been on it with thick jeans but today I was working on it and sat on it while it was running with shorts on and could feel it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So do you think I should have them put the 02 sensor back in or just run it the way it is? Or put a bolt in? I think why I didn't notice the air before was because I've always been on it with thick jeans but today I was working on it and sat on it while it was running with shorts on and could feel it.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Definitely go back to the dealer and have them put a new OEM from Yamaha O2 sensor in there. I'm surprised your bike isn't running terrible without it.

·
Premium Member
1,095 Posts
If your bike is flashed, that sensor could have been deactivated at the ECU. All you would need is a plug to screw on and seal it up. If the bike is running ok, that might indicate that it's been flashed. If it's running really choppy, you need that sensor back on. I'm actually really surprised a dealer would overlook that. That's basic inspection-type stuff.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If your bike is flashed, that sensor could have been deactivated at the ECU. All you would need is a plug to screw on and seal it up. If the bike is running ok, that might indicate that it's been flashed. If it's running really choppy, you need that sensor back on. I'm actually really surprised a dealer would overlook that. That's basic inspection-type stuff.
The bike runs awesome so I'm assuming it's been flashed. What exactly does that mean? Just shows you can't trust dealers lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts