Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search on this but found waaaay to many result for "peg removal" none of which helped.. (went tru 7 or so pages till i decided to make a new thread)

I've dragged the circled part a couple times and it scared the life outta me.. made me go wide and had to change my pants afterwards..

Anyways.. I was thinking I would feel more comfortable removing it.. It looked like a simple, "screw it off" removal, but when i went at it with a 7mm wrench, the wrench turned, but it didn't budge and i ended up "stripping" it a little.

Instead of stripping it some more, i decided to come on here and ask for some help from some fellow r6ians..

First of all, is it removable? If so, best way to do so?

Secondly, would it be dangerous to remove? I posted this same thread on another forum, before getting the bright idea to post it on the r6-forum :dunce: ... and someone mentioned that if i take it off, the first thing to touch down would be my exhaust or something hard mounted and that i would be in for a rough landing..

can anyone verify / clarify / enlighten me on this please..

·
Mario J's Apple Juice
8,180 Posts
Those are called "feelers" not sure if I'm right but when you go low in a turn those scrap the ground and "feel" it rather than your exhaust or fairing.

It IS removable, not sure on the S model but I removed them on my 07R with a wrench.

·
Registered
733 Posts

·
Jesus Reigns
4,398 Posts
I had to really twist on mine with some plier's before they came out, but they will come out with some muscle behind it

·
Registered
733 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts