Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
get your bike going and let go of handlebars and sit up, does your bike balance perfectly straight on its own or do you have to do some balance adjusting with your body? I have to slightly lean left to hold it straight, but my chain slack adjustors are equal, checked them a few ways to doublecheck.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
i'm wondering if its from putting the slightest pressure on the throttle side while riding because i have to lean a hair left too

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
i guess it depends how fast your going...the faster you go, the more momentum you have to stay stable

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i'm wondering if its from putting the slightest pressure on the throttle side while riding because i have to lean a hair left too
Totally let go of the bars and sit up and back.

I have to counterlean to the left a bit to hold it straight

·
Registered
365 Posts
most roads are a little higher in the center so water can drain off them, maybe thats why you have to lean to the left a little.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Doesnt matter which side of the crown of the road i am on, always have to counter to left

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Can somebody do me a favor real quick i am at work... can you measure what size the holes are thatgo through the swing arm pivot and the rear axle bolt hole, so i can get some dowel rods to verify further on my alignment.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
OK due to having to counterlean the bike to keep it straight when going handless and sitting upright, I went and did a "String" alignment and it ended up putting out a difference of 1/8" from the left and right side, based on the markings. So i test rided it around the neighborhood to see if it balanced better when going no hands, it still leans a tad on its own, so I am not sure which method to go by...the alignment marks or the string method. I am gonna check it against the string again to see if it replicates the same result

1 - 13 of 13 Posts