Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, ive got an 08 r6 and i had the ecu flashed via flashtune. as part of that it unlocked the quick shifter capabilities. im looking for just the sensor but i remember when setting it up through the pcv on my gixxer it asked if the unit is normally open or closed. does it matter which one of these i use on the bike? or will either sensor style work? not talking about push or pull style. thanks

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
perfect thanks. i contacted the guy who flashed it and he verified its setting for me. now to source one out that will work for my application.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
contacted danos performance for it, they make a kit that connects to the flashed ecu, even though it looks super simple, just one wire. but theirs are set to NO, and im sure this is common knowledge but the lower reverse thread portion of the rod is either a 6mm or 8mm, i dont know if its random or year specific or just applies to aftermarket rear sets of what.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I have Dano's and yes his sensor is NO and the bottom for the shift rod is indeed 8mm while the top remains 6mm.

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
contacted danos performance for it, they make a kit that connects to the flashed ecu, even though it looks super simple, just one wire. but theirs are set to NO, and im sure this is common knowledge but the lower reverse thread portion of the rod is either a 6mm or 8mm, i dont know if its random or year specific or just applies to aftermarket rear sets of what.
What rearsets do you have? Sato, Rizoma and some others use 6mm on the shifter end of the shift rod.

Vortex, and OEM rearsets use 8mm on the bottom end and 6 on the top..

And depending on what you have, you will need to determine push vs pull as well. For example, Woodcraft rearsets use pull regardless of GP or STD shift since the rod is always pulled the same direction of upshifts due to the design of the rearsets...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts