Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I have a PCV and auto tune, what all do I need to make a quick shifter work on a 08 R6

·
Registered
5 Posts
Since you have a PCV, you need to pick up the quick shifter and it'll connect up to that. I don't think you need anything else.

:flex:

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
I'm pretty sure you'll need the expansion module. The ignition module allows it to cut ignition. I believe without it you get fuel cut to accomplish the quick shift. Most people I work with run my flash and the QS through the ecu. So it's been a while since we've done it through the PCV. But I'm pretty sure this is correct

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm pretty sure you'll need the expansion module. The ignition module allows it to cut ignition. I believe without it you get fuel cut to accomplish the quick shift. Most people I work with run my flash and the QS through the ecu. So it's been a while since we've done it through the PCV. But I'm pretty sure this is correct
I do have my ecu tuned by Vcyclenut (sorry it was before I even knew about this forum) anyways, my question is can a quick shifter option be enabled in the flash tune software and I wouldn't need anything else but the quick shifter?

·
Registered
351 Posts
on my gixxer i just plugged the quick shifter in to the pcv and that was it. no ignition module needed. you go in to the software and turn it on through there. itll ask which port its plugged in to, if its normally open or closed, and how long you want the cut to be and also the rpm to activate at. some bikes maybe different but on mine it just cuts fuel.

if youve had the flash tune done then yes, you can activate it if it hasnt been done already. i did it with my 08 r6, i picked up the quick shifter with the wiring from danos performance and it comes with the wiring to plug in to the harness and also the shift rod

·
Reads the rulez
2,255 Posts
Since you have a PCV, you need to pick up the quick shifter and it'll connect up to that. I don't think you need anything else.

:flex:
You are wrong.

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
I do have my ecu tuned by Vcyclenut (sorry it was before I even knew about this forum) anyways, my question is can a quick shifter option be enabled in the flash tune software and I wouldn't need anything else but the quick shifter?

He would be able to let you know if the QS is enabled in the ecu. If it is then all you need is the dynojet QS sensor and the shift rod kit. One wire gets grounded to the battery. The other wire goes into pin #21 on the small plug on the ecu harness.

·
Registered
12 Posts
You do not need a ignition module. All you need is the QS and as they have said above, plug them in and you're ready to go. Though it must be said that you can plug the USB in and set the minimum RPM to be able to quickshift( In other words, the minimum RPM to be able to cut your throttle off so that you might be able to shift without the clutch )

·
Registered
351 Posts
Also some are normally open and some are normally closed. You can either test it or just guess and if you're wrong just switch it in the settings

1 - 10 of 10 Posts