Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 R6 with a full exhaust system and a PCIII. I would like to set up a quick shifter but I am not 100% sure on what I would need, how difficult it would be, and what it would cost.

Could someone with experience shed some light on this?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've been looking for the same and not really knowing anything about the topic I decided to give DynoJet a call the other day. If you've already got the PCIII and want to run with that you will need to add the PCIII ignition module (6-37), PCIII shifter sensor (pull style 4-101 for standard & push style 4-102 for GP shift), shift rod A & shift rod D. If you want to go PCV then you would need to add either the ignition module, quick shifter expansion module (QEM), or secondary fuel module (SFM). Then you'd need the appropriate quick shifter sensor (4-113 / 4-114) and shift rods A & D.

I don't have any experience with either setup but am going with the PCIII setup since I previously picked up a PCIII & IM for cheap and don't need to run autotune.

·
Reads the rulez
2,247 Posts
I've been looking for the same and not really knowing anything about the topic I decided to give DynoJet a call the other day. If you've already got the PCIII and want to run with that you will need to add the PCIII ignition module (6-37), PCIII shifter sensor (pull style 4-101 for standard & push style 4-102 for GP shift), shift rod A & shift rod D. If you want to go PCV then you would need to add either the ignition module, quick shifter expansion module (QEM), or secondary fuel module (SFM). Then you'd need the appropriate quick shifter sensor (4-113 / 4-114) and shift rods A & D.

I don't have any experience with either setup but am going with the PCIII setup since I previously picked up a PCIII & IM for cheap and don't need to run autotune.
Or save yourself a whole hell of a lot of trouble and just buy a stand alone unit like the Annitori. :)

·
Just lean harder...
884 Posts
Or save yourself a whole hell of a lot of trouble and just buy a stand alone unit like the Annitori. :)
Or just get your ECU Flashed and hook it up directly to the ECU.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.