Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Is my R6 cool like Phils?
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
gunna go get my bike from the shop (having the scratches painted) and it might rain tomorrow. i was gunna use the trailer to get her home but was wondering about it being in the rain when its not on - water getting where its not supposed to be! anything i should do to prepare the bike so i dont have to replace anything due to water damage....

jw - it might be nice (scattered showers) but limited time so i was curious as of what to do - might just ride her home!

:popcorn:

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Do you wash your bike? Do you ride in the rain?

haha the bike will be fine. if your that paranoid, cover your intake with something

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
it'll be fine...

·
Registered
324 Posts
you can just keep it at my house for a while while the paint cures.:mrgreen:

·
Is my R6 cool like Phils?
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you wash your bike? Do you ride in the rain?

haha the bike will be fine. if your that paranoid, cover your intake with something
:dunce: haha yes but i dont shoot water right into the intake and that was the concern since the rain will be headed that way

ok well then guess ill just do it... :sing

·
Registered
324 Posts
:dunce: haha yes but i dont shoot water right into the intake and that was the concern since the rain will be headed that way

ok well then guess ill just do it... :sing
There is a drain so the water cant get into the intake directly it will be fine i can promise you that. What about all those people who ride year round rain/snow? bikes were meant for it.

·
I m starting to eat my R6
790 Posts
its waterproof dont worry about it :)

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
when i bought i bike, it sat on the back of my buddys truck, and it was sprinkling almost the whole time. about an hour drive. i didn't even cover her.

·
I ride bitches year round
1,834 Posts
If you baby your bike it will cause you problems...honestly...Plus I have shot the water hose up the ram air a few times on accident it has a drain.

·
I m starting to eat my R6
790 Posts
There is a drain so the water cant get into the intake directly it will be fine i can promise you that. What about all those people who ride year round rain/snow? bikes were meant for it.
otherwise they would be called babies and not bikes :nocontrol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts