Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there!

I was wondering if there's some way to muffle the sound of the exhaust so that it sounds relatively quiet, with the cat removed. Is there a slip-on muffler that is capable of basically the same amount of muffling that the cat does?

I want to remove the cat for weight savings, for aesthetics, and so I can fit race fairings on, but I wish I could keep the bike from being stupid loud.

Thanks

·
Smooth
298 Posts
Yea once you remove the cat its basically straight piped so i dought there is a "quite" slip on but then again im not an engineer. As long as your not wot or deacclerateing from a high rpm range its really not that loud or at least i dont think it is. Is hawaii bad about noise poulation or something?

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll check that out... definitely worth looking. Thanks!

Yea once you remove the cat its basically straight piped so i dought there is a "quite" slip on but then again im not an engineer. As long as your not wot or deacclerateing from a high rpm range its really not that loud or at least i dont think it is. Is hawaii bad about noise poulation or something?
Not noise pollution. Cop pollution. And by pollution, I mean getting pulled over 4 times in a single ride, completely bogus reasons, so they can try to catch you without reg/insurance. Loud bikes attract them like flies to shit. :mad:

·
wifey = R6
89 Posts
I have the factory slip on with MJS headers and I still have the "benefit" of the butterfly plate still connected. I know some people have said the factory slip doesn't muffle much but that is definitely not the case for my 2011.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have the factory slip on with MJS headers and I still have the "benefit" of the butterfly plate still connected. I know some people have said the factory slip doesn't muffle much but that is definitely not the case for my 2011.
Really/??!! That's interesting.

So maybe if I could get one of the lightweight titanium stock slip-ons that would work.. thanks for that

·
Stunt Rider
7,982 Posts
You could always get a quiet baffle insert and make it longer

1 - 13 of 13 Posts