Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Mario J's Apple Juice
8,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was parked on the sidewalk of the restaurant where I work to go in and grab a few things. I walk outside and showed my manager my R6 and she loves it. A few people come out of the restaurant from eating and were waiting on their ride or chatting up with friends before they part ways.

A couple of people were standing around my bike as well when I was showing my manager my bike and they all gave me compliments on the bike etc etc. One of the kids comes by and stands by it and their mom then asks if she can take a picture of her kid next to my bike. I said it's fine, so she did and then I asked if you wanted to take another picture of him actually sitting on the bike she just asked if it was okay with me and I said if you're fine with it. So his Dad picked him up and put him on my seat and they took a picture of him on my bike. Kid was about 5 years old. Then the sister just wanted a picture next to my bike as well and some other people.

Talked to one of the guys there for a good 20 minutes and he said his friend took him on the back of his gixxer and did everything he could to scare him and therefore he's scared of bikes but really respects them on the road and give them room. Says he saw a guy tailgating a bike the other day and just shook his head.

Really makes me glad I bought an R6.

I have to say that some people in this world has some level of respect left instead of just sitting on someone's bike when they aren't there and taking pictures.

/End Story

·
My R6 eats you.
7,563 Posts
Ummm, was there a point to this story or did I miss it?

·
Premium Member
6,439 Posts

·
Premium Member
616 Posts
Point of the history is that mike, is recruiting future Yamaha followers. :lmao

Good job buddy, i am with you 100% :cheers

·
2,121 Posts
Sounds like you were a parking lot celebrity. Like someone said Ive seen my far share of tools on 6's and other bikes. Its just not Gixxers, but thats were most of them are.

·
Stanly the Manly
935 Posts
Agreed, OP. On the way to work one day I pulled up behind a ford explorer kiddie hauler with tinted windows. I noticed some movement inside and I picked out the silhouette of a 10 year old boy standing on the back seat waving at me. I gave him the biker nod like i was trying to be cool :cool: :nono. Made my day. Some days its just good to be a rider.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts