Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Track=Cocaine
13,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This will be the first of many posts, as any of you who followed my last build thread know.

Picked up a 2008 with low miles for a good price. Now it's time to BUILD it!

This is the progression so far...

The pick up, and beginning of the tear down.

:cheers

Attachments

·
My R6 eats Ninjas.
749 Posts
WOOO!!! I've been waiting for this build thread!!:fact

·
Sherman Connoisseur
26,445 Posts
:popcorn:

·
Track=Cocaine
13,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:popcorn: :cheers

·
Track=Cocaine
13,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A more accurate portrayal of the work ahead of me... Couple more items on the way too...

Lots of work to do! Getting to it!

Day 2- Here goes nothin!

Attachments

·
Track=Cocaine
13,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I made a descent dent.

Got the AGG block offs in, the NGK spark plugs, the ECU, and started on the clipons so I can do the race throttle. Lots more to do tomorrow! At work now...

Attachments

·
My R6 eats Ninjas.
749 Posts
The 08s look so much easier to do the smog block offs without that cross member from the frame there. :fact

·
Reads the rulez
2,255 Posts
Ahh...the bumble bee. My bike used to look like that too. :bowroll

·
Track=Cocaine
13,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The 08s look so much easier to do the smog block offs without that cross member from the frame there. :fact
You'd think so... But no. I dropped the radiator. It appears they just cut that part out of the same frame. It's sharp edged and hard to work around still. It literally looks exactly the same, just cut out... I was surprised.

·
Track=Cocaine
13,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Day 3

Taking a lunch break but so far today got the clipons installed, motion pro throttle installed, did the airbox mod and got that all together. Remounted the radiator and painted the exhaust. After lunch at my favorite place, the Hoppy Monk, I'll be getting to the rearsets, grips, frame sliders, brake pads, oil change and all that... Here's pics so far...

Attachments

·
Track=Cocaine
13,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
nice build seen this on the fb r6 forum
Who the fcuk are you?! Identify yourself!

(I already know) :laugh

...and patron gets the best of me again...

Sounds like a productive day!
Hellz yeah it was!

Got the New HH brakepads in and the tailband rearsets off amongst other things...

Just need to build and install the New rearsets, fill with water wetter/distilled water, change oil, brake fluid and install stahlbus speed bleeders, and paint the bodywork!

Don't hold your breath though. The paint scheme won't be revealed until Chuckwalla... For all the forum guys coming out.

Pics will be posted after that trackday... Maybe, possibly teasers...

1 - 20 of 50 Posts