Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm still super new to the R6, and the yamaha bikes,so please forgive me of its to stupid a question.
Now if I got a steering damper off of a 07 R1, would it be able to bolt in onto my R6? I dont see any spot to mount it, but I haven't gotten a chance to look at a R1 to see how they stick em on there.

Would it be better to just go with a aftermarket damper?

Thanks guys.

·
faster than a turtle XP
1,760 Posts
it could work but you would need to get the mounting kit to mount it on there as you could with the ohlins linear but why would you do that when when some of the other dampers are better than the stock r1 and probably end up costing just as much maybe more in the end.

ps i have a GPR V4 damper if interested :toocool:

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am, I just dont know anything about them yet, I don't even know if I'm going to want one, I spent about 20 min on the bike before I got it, and now its sitting in the store waiting for the weather to become a little more bike friendly before I take her home

·
Styling
195 Posts
I am, I just dont know anything about them yet, I don't even know if I'm going to want one, I spent about 20 min on the bike before I got it, and now its sitting in the store waiting for the weather to become a little more bike friendly before I take her home
At first you won't want it, but as you learn to start carving up corners and twisties it will help. Or if your into wheelies it's helps out alot on bad landings and possibly prevents you from tank slapping.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
At first you won't want it, but as you learn to start carving up corners and twisties it will help. Or if your into wheelies it's helps out alot on bad landings and possibly prevents you from tank slapping.
LOL only wheelie I have ever done was on a YZ 125, so I cant ever pretend to kno a thing about them, other then I do not see them in my immediate future.

·
Registered
15 Posts
you say you dont know much about the damper and dont know i you will need a damper yet you went through the trouble of asking if you can mod an r1 damper onto your r6 so why if you dont know anything about why are you asking about it and then go back and say that you might not even need it???? too early for all this lol

·
Registered
10 Posts
yo! i am interested please PM me more info about the GPRv4

it could work but you would need to get the mounting kit to mount it on there as you could with the ohlins linear but why would you do that when when some of the other dampers are better than the stock r1 and probably end up costing just as much maybe more in the end.

ps i have a GPR V4 damper if interested :toocool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts