Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, i've searched and searched but not found an answer so far so thought i would ask.

Currently in the middle of a rebuild of my 99 r6, i decided to put r1 gold forks in the front. I have pressed out the stem from the r1 lower, however when attempting to fit the r6 stem back in theres no need to press it in, just slides in. Its not a bad fit but its not tight enough imo. I did read that it doesnt HAVE to be done with a press but surely it shouldnt go in that easy?

I have not found/ read about anyone else having this problem so im wondering if there were different sizes between the r1 setups?

Any info greatly appreciated, these are the forks that i purchased from ebay.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321369862826?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Thanks, Rich.

·
Stunt Rider
7,950 Posts
Was the r1 stem to short for the r6 frame? I've read up on this conversation and must say it's a direct swap. No need to press out the stem.

Ridick - Skeet Skeet Skeet!!!!

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,797 Posts
Hit up bdrwoody or thomasp42 or something like that. They both did it. ChiefSmokeDawg might even have done it to his bike.

·
Stunt Rider
7,950 Posts
R1 stem is longer, all the info i have found on the conversion says to fit the r6 stem into the r1 lower clamp
That's funny. When I did my mod on my 2nd gen. The r1 stem was shorter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.